-pushing

SHMONEY

Getting a massage while pregnant had to be the most positive thing she had gotten out of this whole experience. Especially since Zayn was the one doing it.

"Are you still awake, bear?" he whispered calmly, his large hands all over her stomach as the warm oils seeped into her skin.

"Yes," she replied in loud hums, her eyes closed and a smile creeping on her lips.

"Okay," and he had already massaged her breasts earlier -- double D cups were such a hassle -- until she fell asleep, then it was on to her stomach, the baby kicking in the process. Sari was pretty sure contractions were coming, hence why everything was already in the car and her mom was on the way as they sat there.

"Ow," Sari grimaced as Nylah kicked her. Zayn smoothed over the tender area, "it hurts."

"Do you wanna go to the hospital now?" he asked in concern.

"No, I...I want my mommy here. What's taking her so long?"

"I'll call her," Zayn went to get up but Sari made him stay, "what?"

"Please just rub my belly. I'll call her," she reached for her phone and selected her mom's contact. The phone rang four times before Patricia answered.

"Sari, I'm on the way," she said hastily, "I'm on your street, okay?"

"I think she's coming, I don't know, mom, but it hurts."

"Just breathe, okay? Is your door unlocked?"

"Yes," she hung up abruptly and put the phone down. The pain in Sari's stomach was something she didn't expect, it hit at several different undetected points, and she was frankly scared for her life. Well, she was dramatic, but she just wanted it to stop.

The door opened and her mother -- bless her -- came through in a rush, crouching down next to her head on the couch. "Hey, how are you doing, Sari? What's--"

"Ow!" Sari whined loudly, holding her stomach. Zayn resorted to moving away so she could now sit up. She felt a pushing at her lower half and panicked. "No, I think this baby's coming out now."

"What do you mean now?" Zayn raised his voice in confusion and fear.

"Exactly what I said," she cried and leaned her head back in frustration, "Zayn, call the doctor please."

"Alright," he got up and walked towards the kitchen to use the phone in there.

"Okay, Sari," Patricia guided her to sit at the edge of the couch and lean back, "can I see where the baby is?"

"Mom, at this point I don't care," Sari couldn't stop crying, she ached all over and Nylah was persistent.

So, after this "evaluation," it was evident that Sari's water had broken a long time ago -- how did she not know? -- and little Nylah was pushing all on her own, trying to get out. Patricia got out warm cloths while Zayn paced back and forth, biting his nails and waiting for the doctor to come.

And the fact that Nylah was on her way out of nowhere -- she was two weeks early -- Sari was surprisingly calm now. Her baby was about to be in the real world and her nerves were normal. She was excited, though, unlike Zayn.

He just wished the doctor was here. His worst nightmare was having to deliver their baby by himself -- he told her a dream about it -- or something, and it was sort of true, being too late to go to the hospital.