-chowder

SHMONEY

Sari strolled through the mall beside Tasha, a few bags on her arm and a small frown on her face.

She was about eight and a half months pregnant and absolutely loathing it. She felt like she needed to cut this girl out herself just to relax. Her stomach was huge and round, becautiful sight to see but an absolute pain in her back -- literally. She had been on maternity leave for only a few weeks, but it wasn't like she was super busy anyway.

Tasha was now dating Frank -- yes, Sari's cousin -- and enjoying it to the fullest. They seemed perfect together, more perfect than she was with her ex fiancé. Frank was crushing on her either way and he was honestly a loyal ass person to begin with. He respected the relationship she had been in despite his looks and personality. Frank looked like he ruined lives.

"Sari, you need more baby stuff?" Tasha asked her, walking a few steps ahead.

"After that baby shower you threw yesterday? Hell no. I have enough diapers until she's potty trained."

"You can never have too many. Especially when you try for more."

"Stop that," Sari told her before walking into a Forever 21, "I need clothes."

"Sari..."

"It's for when my body comes back," she defended with a giggle, "plus, there's out of season stuff on clearance."

"Mhm," Tasha rolled her eyes, "anyway -- oh, look who's calling!"

"Who?" Sari replied, looking at a few sweaters in her section.

"Hey, Zayn."

"Hey, Tasha. Can you guys pick up some soup for me, please?" he asked, his voice sounding congested and scratchy, "or some chowder?"

"Yes," Sari stood beside her and looked at Zayn in their bed, bundled up in covers, "I'm almost home, okay?"

"Okay," he sneezed and hid further until the camera only showed blackness and a ceiling, "hurry up. Thanks."

"By, Zayn," Tasha hung up and sighed, "you weren't lying, he is a baby when he's sick."

"He's cute, though," Sari pouted, "he's also confused, because we have all the soup, he just doesn't want to cook it."

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, this season is lacking," they both left the store to go home, well, pregnant Sari was getting dropped off because she wasn't allowed to drive. Her belly was way too big and the steering will was too far for her arms to reach.

They left the mall and got in Tasha's car, leaving the lot and heading to Sari and Zayn's house. It was a bright sunny day, kinda humid, hence why Sari was sweating more than usual and her back was killing her. She needed to lay down, but Zayn was sick and she wanted to tend to him. He swore up and down he could do things by himself, but his whining was getting the best of her.

Tasha parked in the driveway and got Sari's bags out while the other girl unlocked the door to their house. "Where do you want this stuff?"

"Just over there," Sari pointed to the coffee table, "I have to sort through it."

"Okay."

"Zayn!" Sari sang, waddling upstairs and to their bedroom, "babe, where are you?"

"I'm trying to sleep!" he screeched back, his voice cracking at all the right parts, "what?"

"I'm back, come downstairs," she stood at the door and saw him trying to sweat his illness out. He was miserable but it was one of Sari's favorite aesthetics, "come on, I'm gonna cook you some food."