✔Three: "I'll pretend I didn't hear that."

Liv

My phone buzzed annoyingly on my nightstand as it vibrated. My face was buried in my pillow and I hated that my head felt heavy and it throbbed and here was my phone, waking me up.

I should've resisted when Jocelyn made me drink. Her motivation was on point though, I knew that much:

'Take a shot for your thoughts that are keeping you from having fun'

'Take a shot for your upcoming book'

'Take a shot because you're a baddie'

'Take a shot because it's late and you're still here'

'Take a shot just because'

I reached over to my annoying phone and squinted my tired eyes at the screen to make out the ID but I quickly realised that it wasn't a call that had brought my phone to life. They were incoming notifications from my Twitter.

My phone had been busy since I'd put up images of my book and I began to get excited when I saw how much people were looking forward to it.

I scrolled through the tweets I got with hopes that maybe Justin would've said something but, much to my disappointment, I got nothing.

Pictures of me and my friends at the club last night had come out but I could only be glad that I didn't get stopped for questions because I didn't know if I'd have been able to handle it without Justin. I looked so happy in the pictures, drinking and laughing with the girls... but I was back to being by myself with my own thoughts.

I closed my eyes again as my want to reach out to Justin grew but I was too proud to. Instead, I listened to my surroundings so I could subside my headache because I was too lazy to get out of bed to get some painkillers out.

I rolled onto my side to look at the side of the bed where Justin used to lay. I could almost see him lying there now with his lazy morning smile and messy hair, just staring back at me.

I missed him and I was on the brink of tears once again from thinking about him.

I was beginning to feel stupid for what I'd said to him when we last spoke and I was regretting the decision I'd made to break up with him.

I could be with him right now, watching him make his music or he could be here with me, holding me.

My phone vibrated again, this time a call from Pattie.

"No." I groaned.

If she was going to talk me into going back to her son, I was going to hang up.

I slowly placed the phone against my ear as I took the call and I braced myself for what Pattie had to say about Justin.

"Ms Pattie, hi." I said.

"Hi, Liv. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, thank you. How about you?"

"I'm well, thanks. I heard about your book coming. Congratulations."

"Oh, thank you."

"I spoke to Naomi and she was telling me how excited she is. I was wondering if you had a manager?"

"A... a manager?"

"Yes. Someone to manage your promotions and book signing tours. Things like that."

"I didn't know I'd need one. I thought Naomi was handling that."

"She could help but she's busy with other authors too, you know?"