✔Six: "I miss you."

Liv

My feet ached as I sat down for a cup of coffee in the hotel ballroom after a busy day preparing for my book launch which was finally happening tomorrow.

Pattie and I had been busy all week: we looked for a big enough book shop to have my signing at, the day after my private launch and we found one which was perfect. We had to talk to the owner and arrange a whole bunch of things to ensure that the day went smoothly. I'd been all over the place, shopping for outfits for the events, had just come back from a hair salon to get my hair done for this because Pattie had told me how many famous people would be in attendance, not to mention the media. We had to set up the ballroom as best we could with the help of an event planner and I had the duty of making sure that my books had arrived.

I was worn out and it wasn't even lunchtime yet. I hadn't eaten all day and I was worried about a whole bunch of things, all at the same time.

Despite my mom not talking to me, I sent her and my step-dad an invitation to my private book launch. I hoped they'd show up, especially my mom. I also worried about how smoothly things would go tomorrow and the next day; how people would receive my book and all of that. The biggest thought on my mind was about Justin. I hoped to see him, just to be sure that he was fine. I know that sounds funny because I'd blocked his number from my phone but I was still shaken after seeing him all over the Internet with hickeys on his neck.

My phone rang and I blinked as I snapped out of my thoughts. Jocelyn's name was on my screen and I couldn't help but smile because I was already missing her.

"Hey, girl." I answered.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She squealed on the other end of the line.

She'd gotten my book launch invitation.

"Am I seeing you tomorrow?" I asked.

"I'm at the airport right now, bitch!"

I giggled.

"Everybody's coming. The bakery is closed this weekend, just for you." Jocelyn told me.

My heart skipped a beat at how caring Jocelyn and her dad were.

"Please don't cry." Jocelyn said.

"I'm just moved, that's all." I smiled. "You didn't have to close the bakery... you didn't have to, Lyn."

"You're basically family, Liv. That's how we roll at Brown's Bakery anyway. We always support each other."

"I appreciate that. Thank you." I smiled softly.

"We'll see you later then, alright? Amanda's ass is running late. She doesn't know what to pack."

I smiled, "Okay. See you later."

"Byeee!" Jocelyn sang before hanging up.

I smiled to myself and put my phone down.

Pattie walked into the room with a smile on her face and I was glad to see her too.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me as she sat next to me on one of the tables that were set for tomorrow's dinner which was part of the launch.

"Better." I nodded my head, "I just got off the phone with one of my friends from the bakery I worked at. She's on her way with her dad and our other friend for tomorrow."

"That's great news," Pattie smiled brightly, "and your parents? Are they coming?"

Pattie didn't know about my situation with my mom and step-dad. I'd never told her because I didn't want her knowing that my mom saw her son as a walking gold mine.