✔Nine: "It's all as it should be."

3 weeks later

Liv

My day started off with a breakfast meeting with Pattie. She'd called me up last night, telling me she had some good news she wanted to share with me so I couldn't get a wink of sleep as I tried to think of all the things she could've possibly wanted to tell me.

Pattie picked up on my good mood, and it wasn't only because of her excitement for our meeting.

When I sat down at the coffee shop in the hotel where Pattie had been waiting for me, she immediately asked me what I was smiling about.

"Were you thinking about this meeting all night?" She asked me.

I blushed, biting my lip.

As if Justin were here with us, hearing my thoughts about him, my phone beeped just as I'd placed it on the table.

From: Justin
I miss you so much 😭

"Okay, your smiling has little to do with what I called about last night." Pattie said as I typed a reply to Justin.

To: Justin
I miss you more 😘

"I just miss him and he's been a bit of a pest, blowing my phone up unnecessarily." I looked up at Pattie after putting my phone down.

She looked surprised, almost disappointed too from not knowing who I was talking about, I could tell.

"Don't look so upset, Ms Pattie," I giggled, "I'm talking about Justin."

Pattie smiled with relief.

"Well, I'm glad he listened to me and showed up at your book launch. He'd been miserable and so had you."

"Thank you for talking to him." I smiled.

"What did you mean when you asked me if he'd moved on, the last time we had a meeting?"

"Oh," I blushed, "I'd gotten my facts wrong. When I gathered the courage to call Justin, a woman answered his phone and I assumed that, you know...? And it didn't help that I'd seen pictures of him with marks on his neck."

"I'm confused." Pattie said.

"I'm was Becky. All of it. She's playing games with my relationship with Justin. She showed up at the bakery before my panic attack and said and did some things that made me 'crumble', in her words, and then she tried to go after Justin."

Pattie visibly tensed at the news she was getting and her good mood was gone for a moment.

"I never liked her." She said seriously, "from the day I met her, I'd been trying to tell Justin that she's bad news but he didn't want to hear any of it. He was terribly blinded by her good looks."

"He's learnt his lesson now. He doesn't want anything to do with her anymore." I assured her.

"Good, because I couldn't survive another death scare by him. I don't know what I'd do if he got his heart broken like that again."

"Ms Pattie," I took her hand to calm her down.

She was on the verge of tears, just thinking about what she'd been through in the past after Becky had ran off with Ryan.

"I'd never do to Justin what Becky did to him. I love Justin too much." I said.

Pattie smiled weakly and nodded her head as she chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I just..."

"It's okay," I smiled at her. "The good news is that I've learnt my lesson too. Becky got to me once, she won't be smiling the way she did to my face, the next time she and I meet."