✔Twenty Eight: "You just pop up, don't you?"

Liv

I finished making coffee for Justin and our nursery designer as they chatted on in the next room, waiting for me so we could finally go see how Noah's nursery looked.

Shona had been working on the nursery all week. She had started late because she'd been unwell, but she got the job done and neither I nor Justin had been in that room since she'd started working on it.

With Christmas being two weeks away and our interview with Britain's Hello! Magazine being only about 48 hours away, I knew I had to finish with my Christmas decorations and one last stop at a store for some extra Christmas things was what I needed to do today so that I'd start relaxing from tomorrow.

Justin would've loved to go with me, naturally, but he had to get a tree with my step-dad who was feeling much better since his accident. Those two had been bonding like crazy and I didn't know if I should've been glad or worried. What I did know was that basketball season would never be the same again because that's what my step-dad and Justin always spoke about if they weren't comparing marriages.

I carried the tray of coffee to Justin and Shona and they thanked me.

"I wanna see the nursery now." I pulled a puppy face as I watched the two sip their drinks.

"Patience, babe." Justin smiled.

"No!"

Shona giggled and led the way to the staircase. She was a nice woman-- a mother herself-- and I knew that she knew just how excited I was to see my baby's bedroom.

With his coffee, Justin followed us and we walked down the passage, upstairs, to the white door that was decorated with stars and the letter N that would glow in the dark.

"I hope I didn't disappoint," Shona bit her lip as she placed her hand on the silver doorknob.

"Come on!" I clapped excitedly.

Shone pushed open the door and I was the first to walk into the nursery to see what it looked like.

[With an N on that wall instead of that P]

Everything was put away neatly and the room itself looked like perfection. 'Noah is going to love it in here', I thought to myself as I walked further into the room. It was ready for his arrival: the cot, his stuffed toys, even his clothes were ready!

"Wow," I heard Justin say as he looked around.

This was beautiful-- one of the first things that Justin and I would gift our baby that he and I never had growing up. I was moved by that thought. Justin and I had worked hard and this... This was what it was all about: giving our children better lives and opportunities.

Justin placed his hands on my shoulder as I cried tears of joy. I could already imagine changing Noah's diaper at that station not too far from his cot or putting him to sleep while I fed him in the chair in that corner of the room.