✔Five: "Are you drunk?"

Justin

Traveling from LA to New York had put my mind at ease as I wouldn't have to worry about Becky showing up. Scooter had set up an interview for me at a radio station to talk about my music. This would be my first interview since my return and I was nervous about it. I knew that journalists had a way of swaying the topic of conversation and I had to prepare myself for questions about my relationship with Liv, just in case.

I'd picked up a bit of a drinking habit in LA since sleeping had become so hard to do. It helped me pass the time and forget about my hurt for a short while. It wasn't a solution but it was helpful, at least, when I felt low.

I'd written a couple more songs and would be recording my next single in a couple of days. I was looking forward to it. It seemed that writing, recording and a bit of alcohol were the only things that kept me from thinking about Liv.

I was hoping to see her again but I didn't know what I'd say to her if I did bump into her. She obviously didn't want to talk to me, but I'd find a way to reach out to her again. The last thing I wanted was for another man to have her heart. I couldn't live with myself if I let that happen.

I sat quietly in the car with Scooter next to me as we were driven to the radio station. My phone was in my hand and I was tweeting to get my fans to tune in.

We took an elevator up to the studio my interview would be in and, immediately when he saw me through the large glass opening of the studio, the radio DJ got excited.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Justin Bieber is in the building!" He hollered.

Scooter let me know that he'd be seated out here and he wished me luck. He had some work to do and he couldn't do that in the studio.

I walked into the studio just as 'I'll show you' was playing and I greeted the DJ, Reggy. We were off air.

I got comfortable in my seat and put my headphones on and listened to the music.

"Like I said before I played you Justin's new song, he is here, he is alive, he is right in front of me," Reggy smiled at me, "how are you doing, man?"

"I'm great, how are you?" I smiled too.

"Awesome. Thanks for coming."

"Thanks for having me, man."

"This song is... it's amazing. What was your thought process when you were putting it together?"

"Thank you," I began to swing lightly in my seat as I answered Reggy's question, "I just wanted to bring people into my world, you know? I wanted to get my fans to understand what life's like for me."

"Would it be wrong to assume that 'I'll show you' was inspired by your decision to disappear all those years?"

"It was. I thought that explaining and expressing myself through that song was the way to go so that people would understand what it was like for me. Did I get through to you?"

Reggy smiled, "you almost had me crying for you, bro."

I laughed.

"Tell us about your new music. What can we expect from your new album and upcoming singles?" Reggy asked.

"It's going to be dance-y, some of it. Scooter has pulled some strings for me and we've talked about some possible collaborations. I'm excited."

"Can you give us an idea of who you'll be working with?"

"I can only confirm Shrillex and Diplo. Everyone else is going to stay a secret until it's been confirmed."

"I hope you have some love songs written down because we need some for the ladies."