✔Twenty Four: "There's been an accident."

Liv

It was the night before the baby shower would take place and Justin and I stood in our back yard with helium balloons in our hands, one for each of us. While our moms fussed about setting the house up for tomorrow's occasion, Justin and I had spent the day writing letters to our departed baby and it was therapeutic for me, in all honesty. I'd even found myself smiling while I wrote about my hopes and dreams for him/ her, even though none of that would happen.

With a piece of string, Justin helped me tie my letter to the balloon as he'd done with his, and I just stared at the sky for a moment, trying to picture our little one receiving our letters.

"You ready?" Justin handed me back my balloon.

"Yeah." I smiled softly at him.

"On the count of three?" He held my hand and we started walking towards a part of our back garden that was clear enough for us to release our balloons.

"One..." I started.

"... two..." Justin looked at me.

"... three." I whispered.

And at once, we released the balloons and watched them float off into the atmosphere.

I let out a deep breath and hugged myself, wrapping my throw around my body for warmth, then I felt Justin wrap his arms around me before placing a chaste kiss on my temple as we stood there.

"How do you feel?" He checked on me when our balloons were out of sight.

"Better." I smiled as best I could, "and you?"

"Better." He said.

We soon went back inside and while Justin went to talk to my mom about the food for tomorrow, I walked around to have a look at the decorations that were all over the first floor, trying to see if I could get a clue as to what gender our baby was going to be.

Everything was white and gold: balloons, the big 'Baby Bieber' banner, even some of the white flowers that were brought in were gold dusted. My mom had told me that things were far from done and I didn't doubt that. The food still had to be brought in by the caterers, as well as the cake that would reveal the big secret, and some of the pregnancy photographs that Justin and I had taken one random day on the Seychelles beach hadn't been developed yet by the printers. Overall, everything looked good and it brought a smile on my face.

"Here you go, baby." My mom handed me a cup of tea as I stood at the door of the private lounge that wouldn't be so private tomorrow.

"Thank you." I offered her a smile as I took the cup, and she rubbed my back soon after.

I hadn't spoken to my mom about Justin wanting to name our child after my brother if it was a boy, and now felt like just the right time to do so.

I took a seat on the couch and took the throw I'd put on, off my shoulders since the house was warm enough. After a satisfactory sip of my tea, I placed my cup and saucer on the armrest of the couch and asked my mom if I could ask her something.

"Of course." She sat down cautiously, right next to me.

"Justin and I were talking, the other day, about names we wanted to give to our child and... uh, he didn't know how you'd feel so he asked me to ask your permission to name our child Noah, if it turns out to be a boy."

"Why would I be unhappy with that? That's sweet of him to even consider naming your son after Noah." My mom smiled.

"It's just... I guess he didn't know how you'd take it; if you'd healed after losing him him. He just didn't want to throw that on you after tomorrow, only to find you were still hurting."