✔Thirty Five: "Because it's my birthday soon,"

Liv

We'd just checked into an LA hotel, two days prior to Justin's birthday. Noah's new nanny, Evelina, was tagging along for her first time in Los Angeles and her first time as Noah's minder. With Noah in my arms and Justin already in our suite, I told Evelina, in her room, how to order up room service if she got hungry, and I let her ask me some questions too after I told her what I wanted Noah's routine to consist of.

"Thank you, Ms Olivia," Evelina smiled as she addressed me with her heavy Spanish accent, "I take Noah and you go spend time with Mr Justin."

"Right," I blushed at the mention of Justin, "well, we're across the hall so, of there's an emergency..."

"I will knock... or call." Evelina took Noah and pecked his cheeks before bouncing him lightly in her arms.

"Alright," I clasped my hands together and said my goodbyes to Noah before walking to the door.

"Ms Olivia?" Evelina stopped me just as I'd swung the door open.

"Yes, Evelina?"

"I just want to say thank you for choosing me to take care of Niño. A-And for taking me along to Los Angeles; I never been. Thank you so much."

"It's no problem," I smiled, "you made a very good first impression during your interview so..."

"Still, thank you."

I nodded my head and was about to step out when I remembered something.

"if I've forgotten to pack anything for Noah, please let me know? We left in quite a hurry... I could give you some money so you can go pick it up at the store." I said.

"I double check everything before leaving the house, Ms Olivia. Everything is here, even Niño's play mat." Evelina giggled lightly.

What a relief.

"Relax yourself, Ms Olivia. We're going to be fine." Evelina assured me.

I smiled and walked out, closing the door behind me before walking across the hall to my own hotel room.

Justin had been awfully quiet for a number of days, more especially since making this trip over here. He'd been spending a lot of time in the studio back at the house or with Noah, but never with me.

I watched him unpack as he spoke on the phone, laughing and occasionally taking a sip of some wine he'd poured for himself.

I hadn't seen that big of a smile in a while.

"Have you unpacked everything?" I asked when he'd finally gotten off the phone.

"Yeah." Justin tucked it into his back pocket and put our suitcases away.

I pulled my lips to the side and sat on the bed, kicking my shoes off before rubbing my feet.

"Where are you off to?" Justin slipped on one of his leather jackets and had picked up a pair of sunglasses to go with his look.

"I'm going to say hi to my mom. I'll be back in a few." He said.

I took it I wasn't invited and that stung, but I knew I'd see Pattie plenty of times before we'd leave for Atlanta again.

"Hey?" I frowned, watching him walk to the door.

Justin stopped and looked at me.

"Don't I get a goodbye kiss or an I love you, at least?" I asked.

He seemed to drag his feet as he walked towards me, and the kiss he placed on my cheek was so half hearted, it made me question what was going on.

"Do you not want to be in LA or is there some place you'd rather be right now? Maybe work related, that I've pulled you away from?" I crossed my arms over my chest.