✔Eight: "I want you back" (R)

Liv

I sat on my bed in my hotel room with the orchids Justin had sent to me at the book shop and I ran my fingers gently on one of the petals as I admired the flower's beauty. He wanted to meet for dinner tonight and he had me with these flowers.

I'd kicked my shoes off and had made breakfast plans with the girls and Mr Brown as soon as I'd gotten back from my book signing. I would've loved to take an early night but I was lowkey excited about tonight with Justin.

I picked up my phone to read my messages for the first time today and I came across a text that Justin had sent me last night to wish me luck for the day. Smiling, I then locked my phone and went to get ready for my date with Justin. I took a nice long shower, picked out a black knee length body hugging dress and heels to wear and got myself dolled up.

When I got to the restaurant that Justin had mentioned, I found that he'd already arrived. From the tattoo on the back of his neck, I knew that that was him.

He sat with his head bowed, obviously passing the time by going through his phone.

I quietly approached him and placed my hands over his eyes to give him a surprise.

"Liv?" He guessed.

"Hi." I smiled and let go of his face.

He rose to greet me and he gave me a warm smile too before embracing me in a hug.

"You look... wow." He smiled and pulled a chair out for me.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"I'm... I'm glad you came. I was beginning to worry that..."

"Your stunt with the orchids was A1."

"It wasn't a stunt." Justin blushed as we both took our seats.

"Okay, Justin." I smiled.

"Thanks for coming, Olivia." He said.

I nodded my head and placed my purse on my lap.

"I've already ordered some wine for us. I hope that's okay." Justin smiled shyly.

"That's perfect." I said, "Thanks."

The waiter arrived with the wine and some glasses and then he took our meal orders.

Justin and I sat in awkward silence until our food came then Justin broke the silence by clearing his throat.

"I read your book." He said.

"Oh," I blushed, "I hope I put everything as well as you'd hoped."

"Even better." He assured me with a smile. "How did your signing go today?"

"It was amazing. I met a lot of new people and took lots of photographs and selfies and... it was fun for me. It was better than I imagined."

"Your face just lit up right now, do you know that?" Justin smiled.

I blushed some more and shook my head slightly.

"I'm proud of you, Liv." He said.

"Thank you."

"How have you been?"

I shrugged, "I don't know... I won't lie, it's been hard without you. It's kinda hard when everything just screams your name." I chuckled lightly.

"I know." Justin said softly, "but if you missed me, why didn't you call?"

"I did. Once. And a woman answered the call. I know it wasn't your mother because that woman's voice was way too seductive."