✔Twenty One: "You're one in a million."

Liv

A day on the beach. That's how we'd planned to spend most of our day, Justin and I. The weather agreed, I was feeling confident in my bikini and pastel yellow dress shirt and Justin was all smiles in his swimming trunks.

I'd been feeling childish, collecting shells to take home with me and Justin had been on photographer duty, capturing every random moment with his camera that he'd packed, while I put the shells into a bucket I'd gotten from the house.

"I think I've collected enough." I smiled at my shell collection with satisfaction.

"I'm wondering where you're going to put all of that when we get home." Justin said.

"Well, my study is one place." I shrugged, "and, maybe the nursery."

"Have you thought about what type of nursery you want?"

We sat down under our gazebo, on our towel and I picked up one of my shells to play with.

"To decide that, we'd need to know what sex the baby is, wouldn't we?" I said.

"Do you wanna know?"

"Not really." I looked at Justin, "I kinda like the thoughts I'm having of wondering what it would be like to have a boy or a girl."

"I wanna know," Justin smiled, "I'm dying to know."

I giggled.

"Can I ask Dr Eve to tell me when you go for your next check up?" He asked.

"Of course you can," I smiled, "I'd only like to find out when we have the baby shower, then we can talk about the nursery."

"Deal." Justin smiled too.

Despite the fact that I sometimes felt like he was smothering me with his care and attention, I loved the look in his eyes when we spoke about our baby.

"I'm probably not gonna repeat what I'm about to say because I seem to be ready to pounce all the time but, I'm so thankful for you and how you're handling my pregnancy." I told him, "it makes me feel a lot better knowing that you're never too far away and that you're excited."

"Where would I go?" He flashed me a bright smile.

I giggled, "I don't know. I'm surprised you're still here considering how much I go at you most times."

"Lucky for you, I understand that you don't mean what you say when you shout at me so it's okay."

"You're one in a million."

"You are. And I'm so excited about parenthood with you." Justin took my hand and kissed it.

"I can tell you are. You're on guard about everything I do 100% of the time." I giggled.

"That's what I'm here for." He winked.

I smiled and got some sunscreen out of my bag for another coating of it.

"Have you thought of names you wanna give to our baby?" I asked.

"Not really," Justin said, "but I like the girl name you've had in mind."

"Azaria-Marie?"

"Yeah. I think it's beautiful."

"And... what if we have a son?"

"Thankfully, we still have a couple more months to think of a boy's name." Justin smiled.

Justin helped me put some sunscreen on my back and continued talking about our baby and parenthood until he said he had a surprise for me which we had to go back to the house and get ready for.