✔Twenty Six: "I do."

** this is a flashback of a chapter **

Liv

I felt worn out after a full day of activity with Justin. We had a photo shoot in the morning-- one of Justin's ideas for us to remember our trip to the Seychelles and have something to show our baby someday-- it was mainly a pregnancy shoot, our first family shoot, I liked to call it. And then we had a boat ride and an amazing lunch with entertainment from the locals. I'd fallen asleep after all of that on the bed with Justin who insisted we nap because he still had more to show me later. It was turning out to be the perfect day for me.

When I woke up from the nap, I found that the bedroom seemed to have changed. I didn't know how tired I must've been to have slept through Justin putting silver helium balloons on the ceiling and those white rose petals all over the floor. Where Justin had fallen asleep before was his copy of my book and a few envelopes on top of it, each one with a name on it. They were from my loved ones.

I sat up and crossed my legs so I could read each letter and find out what was going on because it wasn't my birthday.

The first one came from Jocelyn:

'Olivia,

You have been an amazing friend to me, the most precious person to have ever walked into my life-- my better half since my mom passed and I feel so blessed to have you in my life.

You're an inspiration to me and it feels so great to be able to brag about you to people because your life story is one worth a movie.

Ever since you came into my life, you've given me a new perspective on it: you've taught me to show love to strangers, encouraged me to realise and pursue my dreams no matter what people say or think, and you've taught me that forgiveness is the key to true happiness and peace. In another lifetime, it'd probably have taken me 60 years of my life to learn what you taught me in a matter of months.

Going forward, I hope that all your other dreams come true. I don't doubt that they will. With your courage and perseverance, it's only a matter of time (:

I love you, you little trooper!

You deserve all the happiness in the world.'

From my mother:

'Sweetheart,

I may not be perfect but I am because I have you. You are the light of my life and I overlooked that all those years. How could I have not seen how talented you were and how much dedication and heart you had?

When I read stories about how your book is changing lives, I wonder where you got this heart from? How did I get so lucky? Your kindness and ability to overlook the imperfections of others to bless them with your love and your smile are some of the traits I wish I had-- what I wish you'd inherited from me-- but I am working on it.

I thought about you before writing this letter and I realised how many precious moments of your life I missed. I don't want to miss any more. I want to be there for the birth of your first baby, for your wedding and every other occasion in your life thereafter, if you will let me.

You're a joy. A blessing. A daughter in a million, and I love you.

Mom.'

From my step-dad:

'To my little bookworm,

When I think back to all the times I found you reading a book or walking around with a notebook in your hands, it doesn't surprise me that you've come this far at such a young age. I always had faith in you. I had always seen potential in you, even when you didn't and I am so happy you took a leap and went for your dreams.