✔Eighteen: "You're going to love every moment of it"

Liv

Another book signing, out the way. Pattie and I sat in our cab, heading off to the airport after touring in three different cities, back to back.

I still enjoyed the traveling and it was still surreal to me that I was actually doing something I'd only ever dreamt about as a girl. Each new face I met came with an inspirational love story and that warmed my heart.

Pattie sat next to me as I tweeted away about the last couple of days I'd spent on the road. We'd just had breakfast and all I wanted to do was sleep but I had to wait for Justin at the airport so we could leave for my parents' house. Justin was back at work, having to leave to shoot a couple of music videos and he didn't want me staying at the house alone so, what choice did I have? Even after I'd begged him not to, Justin insisted he drop me off. My life...

"I didn't get the chance to ask you about your last appointment with Dr Eve." Pattie spoke.

Before leaving Atlanta, I had a quick appointment to check on the baby again, especially after my incident at Justin's album launch. I needed Dr Eve to clear me for this part of my book signing and all was good. At 13 weeks, the baby was looking good, Dr Eve had said to me. I was now safely in the second trimester bit still barely showing. I thought it was a good thing because it meant more time in the public eye without being questioned but I always checked to make sure that Becky kept her mouth shut about what she heard at the hospital.

"It went well, thanks." I smiled shyly.

Pattie and I hadn't spoken about my stunt and I was only glad she didn't bring it up. I didn't want to talk about that anymore, even though I got stopped by people who wanted to know what had gone through my head. 'No comment' had become an automatic thing to say to anybody who stopped to ask me about my relationship with Justin.

"How's the baby doing?" Pattie smiled.

"He's growing just as he should." I began to go through my purse to get the ultrasound image out to show Pattie.

I was becoming a proud mom with every appointment I went to. Seeing the baby grow and develop amazed me and each appointment left me breathless from awe.

"Aw look at that tiny person." Pattie gushed at the 3D image of my baby looking peacefully asleep in my womb.

I giggled at her reaction.

"Have you found out what gender the baby is?" She glanced at me.

I shook my head.

"Maybe later." I said, "I'm still getting used to the fact that I am pregnant."

"Justin hasn't tried to make a bet yet about the gender, has he?"

"Not yet." I smiled.

"What are you hoping for?" She handed back the picture.

"I just want a healthy baby." I blushed, "but I can see myself with a son. I think I'd enjoy having a boy."

"I'd hoped Justin would be a girl." Pattie laughed.

"He's a great boy so you're still lucky."

"I am."

I looked at the ultrasound picture again and felt my heart skip a beat. I had a little person growing inside me.

"I think you're going to enjoy motherhood." Pattie said to me, "it's a whole different experience."

"I'm so scared of the actual birth."

"You have epidurals now and things like hypnosis and water births. Back in the day, a woman had to brave it out."

I cringed.