✔Thirty Seven: "Just stay out of trouble."

Justin

As I quietly closed the door to our hotel room, I sighed and tossed my jacket onto the nearest seat. I was tired, felt I needed a long shower, I was hungry and I needed a back massage because my body ached.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I found Liv asleep on the couch; rose petals graced the floors, a table had been set for two and Liv was dressed to kill. I'd missed it all.

I walked up to her slowly as I kicked my sneakers off. The hardness of the floors eased my feet just right and I was ready to collapse onto a couch, but I couldn't, not yet. I kneeled next to Liv's sleeping body and brushed her loosely curled hair out of her face.

She sat up immediately, gasping at the sight of me. Liv scooted back and ran her hand over her already broken face. I could tell she'd been crying; her eyeliner and mascara had left trails down her cheeks.

"Where do you come from?" Her voice was hoarse and her eyes wild with fear and sadness, "I tried to call you, Justin. I left tons of messages on your phone. Where were you?"

"I don't want to fight with you, okay? I just want to take a shower and get some rest first. Please." I got up, standing straight to turn on my heels and be in my way to the bedroom.

"Justin!" Liv shouted, "I'm talking to you, don't walk away from me!"

"Olivia, I'm tired!" I grabbed the ends of my hair.

"You're tired? Look at this place! I stayed up all night worrying about you, waiting for you to show up so I could apologise for ruining your birthday. I slept early this morning trying to figure out what could be so important that a man wouldn't be able to text his wife back, then you walk in here looking like a hot mess without even as much as a bruise on your body to show you got hurt, and you tell me you're tired?!"

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry, alright? But I really need to shower and get some rest. I'll talk to you when I wake up." I breathed.

Liv's lip visibly trembled, "I understand if you wanted some time away from me because of our fight but, I promise you, Justin Bieber, if you cheated on me..."

"Listen to me," I walked back to her to reassure her, "I promise you, after I shower and check on Noah, I will explain everything to you."

"Please just... tell me you're okay and that she wasn't with you?" Liv pleaded, her voice an emotional squeak as she searched my eyes for truth. "Because if you were with her last night..."

"I'm fine," I promised, "and no, Hailey wasn't with me."

"Then what happened, Justin?"

"Just give me a couple minutes to reboot, please, baby? Thats all I ask. I'll answer all your questions, just... I need to reboot."

Liv nodded her head and dried her tears with the back of her hands.

I took her face in my hands and kissed her forehead.

"I'll make you something to eat," she exhaled.

"Thank you," I whispered and made my way to the bedroom.

I must've been in the shower for ten minutes when I heard my phone ring. Turning off the warm water, I grabbed a towel and dried off as I went to take the call.

"Hey, are you okay, kid?" Usher's voice came from the phone as I held it to my ear.

"Yeah, I just made it back to the hotel," I told him.

"Good. Get some rest, alright? I've just called your mother to let her know you're fine-- she was worried when she called about you yesterday."