✔Thirty Two: "Can you promise me something?"

** please read my A/N at the end of this chapter **

Justin

Christmas eve had come and that was also the day that Noah was coming home. He'd grown a little since the day he was born and he looked a lot cuter too.

I could've been at the hospital with Liv to fetch Noah but I had other plans which I had to lie about. That push present that I'd promised Liv was finally here, a brand new SUV Porsche, perfect for family rides, especially with Noah being a baby.

My grandparents had arrived just last night and had brought tons of presents for Noah, all of which were put away nicely under the Christmas tree. I couldn't get over the excitement I felt about finally having my boy home. It was going to be different from now on; the house would never be completely quiet and I was happy with that.

After putting a big blue bow on the silver car, I went inside to help my mom, grandma and grandpa with lunch.

"Do you know how far they are?" My mom asked me as I nibbled on a sandwich which I'd stolen off the platter that my grandma had so nicely put all the sandwiches she made.

"Liv's mom said they'd just left the hospital, when I called." I licked my finger of some mayo.

"They should be here in a few minutes then." My grandma smiled, "could you put up the banner and balloons, please boys?"

I'd forgotten about that.

Grandpa and I went to hang up the 'welcome home Noah' banner that my grandma said she made. It was baby blue with gold trimmings and all the letters made from white craft paper. My grandma was big on crafts. It was a hobby of hers and she was really good at it. For decoration, cribs, baby bottles and stalks hung from some of the letters on the banner, all of them gold, and once we'd just finished putting blue and white helium balloons in the foyer, we heard a car pull up in the driveway and my heart beat a little faster.

I'd even forgotten about the car I'd gotten for Liv. As soon as I hopped off the ladder, I went outside to say hello to my baby.

Liv held Noah in her arms. He was snug in his white blankets and his little head kept warm underneath a brown beanie which was in the form of a bear with little ears and a snout on top.

"Hi, big guy." I cooed as I brushed Noah's rosey cheek with the pad of my thumb.

"This is a nice car!" Frederick whistled at the sight of the brand new car in the driveway.

Liv looked at it and smiled.

"Is it for me?" She asked me.

"Yeah. I hope you like it." I smiled at her and gently took Noah so she could go have a look.

"It's beautiful." She looked inside through the window on the driver's side.

"It's not a Mini but..."

"It's practical," Liv came up to me to kiss my cheek, "Thank you, baby."

"You really like it?" I checked.

"Yes," she giggled, "I really do. It's gorgeous. Perfect for us."

"Let's get that baby out of the cold now." Shirley was getting things out of the trunk of the car they'd gone to the hospital in.

"Yes ma'am." Liv smiled and walked with me to the house.

Liv smiled harder when she saw the banner and balloons that had basically taken over the foyer. She clasped her hands together with glee and giggled.