✔Thirty Four: "It's not too late to back out."

Liv

After doing three back to back interviews with the potential nannies from an agency that Justin and I had looked up, I was done for the day.

My mom was in the nursery with Noah and Justin was pretty much as worn out as I was. That's what I thought.

"I wanna take you somewhere." He smiled at me and came to meet me in the foyer where I stood with my back to the door.

Any other day, I'd be down for whatever road trip Justin had planned. Unfortunately, I'd been up all night with Noah who wouldn't stop crying for our attention. Even after a nappy change and some feeding, all he wanted to do was fall asleep in either mine or Justin's arms, and when we put him in his crib, it started all over again.

"Now, Justin? Don't you wanna take advantage of my mom's last day here and just nap with me?" I pouted.

"You can nap when we get back. Come on." He said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Let me get my purse and tell my mom we're stepping out. This better be good." I said, now making my way up the stairs.

Justin drove us to a high school, downtown Atlanta. It was only three o' clock so I knew school was out or almost out. As Justin stepped out the car, I followed even though I was really confused.

"Okay, are you gonna explain or...?" I tucked my purse under my arm and followed him into the building.

"Not yet," he smiled.

Justin was casually walking down the hallway with a smug look on his face. I knew that look. He'd planned something and he was really proud of himself for it.

We got to the principal's office and she came out, a tall dark skinned woman with her afro in a puffy ponytail at the top of her head. She looked like she didn't take any nonsense with that grey suit on. She reminded me instantly of my own high school principal, Mrs McClark.

"Hi, Ms Stewart." Justin greeted the woman and got a handshake and a smile from her.

"How are you doin', Justin?" She asked him.

"I'm great, how are you?"

"Wonderful." Ms Stewart said, she then looked at me, "You're Olivia Sampson."

"Yes, ma'am," I shook her hand too, "hi."

"It's such an honour meeting the pair of you. Thank you so much for this." Ms Stewart said.

I was so confused, I looked at Justin,  but he didn't say anything, instead, he looked at Ms Stewart.

"I'm gonna have to leave you two," Justin smiled and clasped his hands together, "I'll come pick you up in an hour."

"An hour?" I echoed.

"The afternoon programmes run for an hour only." Ms Stewart said.

What on earth was I doing here?

Justin said his goodbyes and left me (more confused) with Ms Stewart who walked me down the hallway as she kindly explained to me what I was doing at her school.

"Justin had contacted me a few days ago about forming a writer's club at the school," she said, "most of the kids here come from troubled backgrounds so I thought he was onto something. It's very important to give these children something to focus their energy on-- something positive. So, at the start of the week, the writer's club was born and you--if you're interested-- will be heading it."

I was flattered, but more so surprised that Justin had thought to put this together. I'd never imagined having to teach people to write or whatever it was I was going to be doing with these children. That made me nervous.