✔Ten: "What's really bothering you?"

Justin

After making another cup of tea for Liv and cleaning up the spill from us bumping into each other, we sat on the couch so I could comfort her because she was still shaken by the dream she had.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked her as I ran my hand up and down her leg.

"Better, thank you," she gave me a small smile. "I'm happy to see you but, I thought you were busy."

"I was. As soon as we finished in studio, I came over to surprise you."

"I'm surprised." Liv giggled, "and I'm happy."

"I'm glad I came. What happened?"

Liv shook her head and put her cup down before she placed her feet on the couch to hug her body.

"I think I'm just being hormonal." She said, "Jocelyn read too much into my craving earlier today when I stopped by the bakery and she thought I may be pregnant."

At the mention of the word 'pregnant' it seemed my ears perked up and Liv had all my attention.

"Don't look at me like that, Justin." She nudged me lightly as she chuckled, "I'm not pregnant."

"Did you take a test?"

"Didn't have to. I got spotting so... it's clear that I'm having my period. No baby in this oven."

"Are you relieved?"

Liv shrugged her shoulders and looked at me.

"If I said yes, would you hate me?" She asked me.

"Of course not. I could never hate you, Liv."

"I just think that the timing would've been wrong because of our careers--" she hissed and shut her eyes.

"Olivia?" I scanned her body and quickly took her hand for her to grip until the pain subsided.

"Freaking cramps!" She said through gritted teeth.

"Maybe we should take you to see a doctor." I got up but Liv stayed put.

"It'll be a waste of money. I'm having my period, I'll be fine. Just get me some painkillers."

And I went in search of them.

When I returned, Liv was hugging a cushion to her body while having the remainder of her tea.

"Here you go." I sat beside her again and gave her the bottle of pills.

"Thank you." She said softly, popping open the bottle to get two tablets out.

"Maybe you should eat first, babe."

"I'll die of pain if I have to eat first."

"How bad is it?"

"On a scale of one to ten?"

I nodded my head.

"Nine. But the pain comes and goes."

"Liv, I'm no expert but, shouldn't you be worried?"

"I go through this once a month, baby. Not this intensely, but still. I'm fine." Liv smiled.

I was still worried. However, Olivia being who she was wouldn't just get up and go see a doctor over usual cramps so I let it go.

"Thank you for the car." She wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"I was worried about that short text you sent me. I'd actually imagined you cried your eyes out and kissed the car." I smiled.

"That may have happened." She blushed and I laughed at her response.