✔Thirty Six: "You wanna talk about that now?" | Part 2

Liv

The music blasted throughout the building as I walked down the metal staircase into Club 88. It was dimly lit with colourful lights flashing and everyone looking happy to be there for part 2 of Justin's birthday celebration.

I wasn't in the mood but I had to show up so nobody would guess that Justin and I weren't exactly on speaking terms at the moment, plus I'd gone through all the effort and the least I could do was make sure my money went to good use.

I headed straight to the bar and ordered up an apple martini. Soon after the bartender got to making my drink, I looked around the room with hopes that I'd spot Jocelyn. When I couldn't see her, I got my phone out to send her a text and she let me know she was in the bathroom.

'Come to the bar?' I replied to her message.

'Okay. Be there in 5 😚'

I exhaled and sat up straight in my seat before thanking the bartender for my drink.

Minutes later, Jocelyn joined me and asked the bartender for a cocktail.

"How are you?" Jocelyn checked on me.

"I'm okay," I braved a smile and continued with my drink.

"You can talk to me, you know? I'm your best friend."

"I don't want to talk about it tonight. Let's leave it for now, okay?"

Jocelyn nodded her head and thanked the bartender for her drink.

She and I both watched as Justin walked into the club with his friends, one of them being Hailey who was now in a nude coloured dress with matching pumps. She had her arm wrapped around Justin's waist while he was laughing at something that Za had said.

My heart dropped.

Justin knew how I felt about Hailey being back in his life but he was walking around with her like he didn't even see me crying earlier on. It took me a while to calm myself down. I had to talk myself out of being so sensitive, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to show face at this party.

"Can we have a round of shots please?" Jocelyn called for the bartender again.

"What are you doing?" I looked at her.

"You need an outlet. If you won't talk, at least dance the night away."

"Drunk?"

"What's wrong with being drunk?"

"Jocelyn, people are watching me. You know that."

"Okay, fine. A few drinks and then we leave when you start feeling tipsy so you can pass out in your hotel room."

I knew there was no point fighting Jocelyn so I took my shots like a big girl. The drinks kept coming and they actually helped me stay happy for a while. I ended up on the dance floor at one point, whining my hips to PARTYNEXTDOOR's Not Nice while I watched Justin stare at me from the VIP booth, still with his friends... and that Hailey.

Justin

"Let's take another selfie," Hailey had her phone ready and had leaned closer so I'd be in the shot too, but I wasn't in the mood for pictures that would generate negativity only moments after being posted, so I excused myself and went in search of Jocelyn.

Olivia seemed to be drinking the night away and I knew I couldn't talk to her in that state but that didn't mean I didn't care about her still.

"Jocelyn," I patted her back when I spotted her at the bar, ordering up another drink.