✔Twenty: "Why do we keep doing this?"

Liv

With my pregnancy journal on my lap and a glass of juice in my one hand, I swung gently on a hammock as I put down an entry about my time in the Seychelles and how relaxed I was for the first time in forever. I thought that someday, our child would want to read about all the places we traveled to. It was silly, I knew that, but a big part of me felt it necessary to document this time and I wasn't holding back.

Justin sat within arm's reach of me (probably so he was close enough in case I fell or something) and he was on the phone with Scooter about work. I tried not to let that get to me because a lot of Justin's work was being scheduled around my pregnancy so I let him have a moment with his manager.

It was nice and warm outside and, after ages of arguing with myself in front of the mirror, I'd managed to step out in a bikini and a sarong for a good time in the sun.

"Do you want anything else to eat or drink, babe?" Justin asked me.

I hadn't noticed that he'd ended his call with Scooter.

"Lunch would be nice." I smiled softly, blushing about my excusable big appetite.

"Do you wanna go out? I think they have some restaurants and markets close by. We can take a walk."

"I'd like that." I closed my journal and waited so Justin could help me off the hammock.

Inside, I put on a red dashiki dress shirt that I'd bought especially for this trip, and a pair of sandals and a sun hat then Justin and I made the walk towards the market place which was crowded with tourists and business savvy locals. Justin held my hand and captured our surroundings with his phone in his other hand while I mentally absorbed everything around me so I could clearly explain it in my book, if I even wrote about this part of the trip in the final draft.

We started off with buying some souvenirs and I remembered to get some items for Jocelyn and Amanda too. Justin wanted to buy some little handmade shoes for our baby and I was good with that. They were the cutest little things, made of soft white leather with seashell details.

"Are you alright?" Justin noticed my breathing had changed.

I didn't know if it was the heat, but I felt slightly light headed and faint as I waited for Justin to pay for the shoes.

"I think so." I managed a smile and took another deep breath for stability.

He didn't seem to believe me. The look on his face said it all.

"Liv, what's wrong?" He was serious now.

"I just... I'm feeling a bit faint. It may be the heat. I need water." I said.

Justin looked around for any place we could find some water but we couldn't see one.

The crowds of people around us seemed to grow but I was thankful when Justin and I continued our walk.

"We'll get you some water when we get to the restaurant," Justin assured me, "you might be dehydrated."

"Lots of water for me then." I pulled a face.

"Lots of it. I'm gonna make sure of it."

I chuckled and asked to have another look at the shoes we'd just gotten, just so we'd stop talking about me.

"These kinda look girly." I spoke about the little shoes.

"Even if we have a boy, he's wearing these shoes."

"You don't waste money now?" I joked with a smile.

"Nope. With a baby on the way, I'm on a budget."