F.I.T.E.

"Madam.. Madam!!" a voice startles me awake. "Pahoch gaye madam ji.. Saamaan utaarne ka kya?" the driver asks. I nod and rub my eyes.

Climbing out of the taxi, I give him the money and look at the big gate in front of me.

It is a really big college. Much bigger than I expected. Huge is the right word. Like have you seen the colleges they show in Bollywood movies? Exactly like that.

A huge campus in the center where some boys are playing basketball. To the left there is a big canteen. And to the....

"Oye mannequin side ho jaa!" I hear a loud voice from behind.

I turn around and see a bullet bike which is going on honking and stops right in front of me.

If it would have come one more inch ahead, it would have hit me. I am so shocked that I get frozen to the spot, not able to move. I just look at the bike with my eyes wide open and jaw touching the floor.

Just a few hours on my own and I was going to get into an accident. Great!

That person parks the bike and comes and stands in front of me, still wearing the helmet. Just when I am about to start scolding that idiot, he removes his helmet.

Oh! He is not a 'he'. He is 'she'!

"Oye tum thik ho? I am so sorry mujhse break hi nahi lag raha tha" she says with a guilty smile.

She is about my height, a bit tan and has sharp bold features and her hair is cascading down below her shoulders. She is wearing a leather jacket above a white t-shirt and skinny jeans with brown boots that complete her look. Just by the fiery look of her, I know she is someone who doesn't give a damn about anyone because literally every guy around us is gawking at her but she doesn't seem to mind.

She snaps her fingers in front of my eyes and I blink. "Taadti rahogi kya? Pyaar na ho jaaye mujhse!" she says teasing me.

"Sorry mai bhi road ke beech me hi khadi thi" I apologize. She offers me her hand and I take it giving it a small shake.

"My name is Vidushi" she smiles at me.

"Sanyukta" I answer with a smile.

Vidushi.. even her name is gorgeous.

She links her arm in mine and I am surprised by her sudden friendliness. But I really don't mind because I already like her. She is my first friend here.

We start heading towards the college office, pulling our bags with us. She talks to me about everything and anything. First she is asking me how I like my pizza, then asking me if I believe in aliens. Later we are discussing about the lectures and the college and she tells me about her family.

"Mere dad doctor hai aur mumma house wife. Ek twin bhai bhi hai. Irritating sa idiot" she rolls her eyes and I giggle.

This chatter box is so entertaining.

"Mai apni daadi ke saath rehti hu. She is my only family" I tell her. She gives me a small smile and cluthes my hand more tightly.

We stand for a moment in the hallway to give a rest to our hands. These bags are too damn heavy.

"Hey Sanyukta! Oh my lord! Look at that guy playing basketball" she says pointing towards the basketball court, where a few guys are playing.

"Kitna hot hai na? Oh my look at his muscles, and look at that handsome face, he shot a basket! Not bad. Sanyukta, I hope you are not developing a crush on him" she looks at me with eyes wide open and I give her a are-you-crazy look and shake my head.

She sighs in relief and says, "Chalo achha hai. Kyuki ye tumhara jeeju hai" she grins and winks at me and I suppress a smile at her craziness.

She is still looking at him like he is some celebrity and I nudge her. "Vidushi.. Bilkul pagal ho tum. Dekhte hi achha lag gaya. Chalo bhi ab warna office me line badh jaayegi" I say pulling her towards the staircase.

Vidushi's phone starts ringing when we are standing in the queue. "Bolo... Na na koi kaam nahi, tumhe pehle hi kaha tha maine, mere saath chalo lekin tumhe uss Jenny ko thoda lonnnng bye bolna tha na.... Kya!! Mere bag me kyu rakha tumne? Chalo thik hai submit karti hu. But you owe me now you dumb ass" she hangs up.

"Mera kaamchor bhai. Mere bag me rakh diya khud ka admission form bhi and ab mujhe submit karna padega kyu ki time limit aaj sham tak ki hai aur vo gadha raat ko aayega" she starts complaining.

"Oh freak! Call se yaad aaya, mai daadi ko ab tak call hi nahi ki". I quickly remove my cell phone and dial our landline number.

___

I loved Vidushi in Sadda Haq.. her character seemed very real to me. And Nisha Nayak, the actress that plays Vidushi, is so so stunning.. hai na?