New Home

"Hello" daadi answers the call. "Daadi mai pahoch gayi 1 ghante pehle. Sorry thoda late call ki." I explain.

"Ha Sanyu koi baat nahi. Kaisa hai college? Hostel room kaisa hai?" she asks.

"Daadi abhi admission form de ke room ki keys milegi.. Aap meri tension mat lo ok. Raat ko khaane ke baad dawaai lena bhi mat bhulna.. Mera number abhi aane wala hai. I'll call you later" I say in a hurry.

"Thik hai Sanyu. Bye" she says in a sweet voice and I hang up.

A bored old man looks up at me and yawns. He looks at my form and scans it quickly and keeps it along with the other forms in a pile. He looks at the computer.

"San-yukta Aggarwal, room number 489 on the last floor. Ye yaha tumhare naam ke side me sign karo" he says handing me a paper. I sign and return it back and then he hands me my keys.

I turn towards Vidushi and tell her my room number. "Mai bahot thak gayi hu. So mai apne room me ja rahi hu abhi. Raat ko 9 baje dinner ke liye canteen me mile?" I ask.

"Ha jarur. Ok bye ye sir mujhe ab gusse se dekh rahe hai , kahi admission se pehle hi suspend na kar de" she laughs and I giggle.

I walk towards the hostel building with my luggage. There is chaos everywhere as everyone is trying to find their rooms.

"Mujhe laga ladko ki building alag hogi" I murmur to myself as I see that there is no separate building for boys.

Finally I find my room which is to the extreme left on the 4th floor. Above this floor is the terrace which stays locked.

489 is written on the door in bold letters. To the side there is my name 'Sanyukta A.' and below my name 'R.S.S' is written.

So my roommate's name initials are RSS. Hmm..

I enter the room and wonder how will my roommate be. Will she become my friend or will it be difficult to adjust with her. I'll just hope for the best.

It is a really big room. Double the size of my bedroom. There is a bathroom on the right, 2 study tables and a cupboard, 2 single beds parallel to one another with a small table in between and a book shelf.

The room is painted in purple paint. In the middle of both the beds there is a window with blue coloured curtains. The room is simple yet comfortable. I immediately like it. I place my bag on the bed and start unpacking my clothes and keep them in the cupboard.

I even decorate it a little and make sure that I keep space for my other roommate and don't do a lot of changes.

I am happy with the results.

After really long I am done and decide to take a bath before going for dinner

When I come out it's 8.45.

"Oh shit itna time kaise ho gaya 15 minutes me Vidushi se milna hai canteen me" I wear a pink t-shirt and pajamas with panda prints.

Childish, I know but they are super comfortable. I twirl my hair in a bun and since I can't find my hairband, secure it with a pencil.

I quickly take some laddoos in a small tiffin box for Vidushi and start running towards the canteen. Its 9.05! She must be waiting.

The corridor is empty. Everyone must have already gone to the canteen for dinner. As I am running, I turn towards the left and out of nowhere somebody comes directly in front of me and I lose my balance.

"Oh shit" I squeal and quickly close my eyes tightly as I am about to land on the floor.

My hair flies open and the tiffin falls on the floor making a loud rattle. But suddenly I feel two strong hands grabbing me by my waist and holding me from falling.

I cluth onto those arms like my life depends on it. My eyes still shut from the shock!

_______

Guess kiski entry hui hai ;)