Cutie pie

"Yahi hai mera roommate. Tumhara bhai Vidushi!" I exclaim. I look at Randhir and he smirks.

Why is he always smirking at me. Or is it something that he always keeps doing generally. God knows.

Vidushi is about to say something but just then there is a voice on the speaker.

"Everybody is requested to settle down" says one of the teachers and all the buzzing in the hall fades out and the hall goes quiet. We sit on our respective seats and Randhir is sitting behind me.

Our principal, Vardhaan Suryavanshi, enters wearing a black suit and pants and I know most of the girls have already started drooling.

I hear Vidushi's 'ooohhh' and I shake my head with a smile.

Well actually he is really handsome and young to be a principal but from what I've heard about him, you should never get in his bad books if you want to survive the three years of college peacefully.

"Good morning everyone" he begins but my mind starts wandering on the other important topic which I came to know today.

Randhir is Vidushi's brother. Now even if I change my room, he will always be around. Is there any way to get rid of him? I don't think so.

I'll just have to change my room and then the big problem will be over. I just can't share a room with him. With any guy for that matter.

I hear our principal saying something about a 'party' and I immediately start paying attention. Now this is something really very important.

"So like every year, this year too there will be a fresher's party tomorrow night. Just so that you get ready for a hectic year ahead. So it can be said that tomorrow is the first and last day in this whole year where you will be allowed to have some fun and loosen up a bit. Other details will be put up on the notice board. Also, books will be distributed today between 2 to 5 pm and the regular lectures will start from ​monday. Okay students, have a great day and year ahead and make this college proud. All the best" he ends his speech.

After a loud applause, excited chattering starts in the hall. Vidushi gets up from her seat and starts jumping happily. Tanya and I are also doing our happy dance.

"Partyyy!!" we three scream together.

But then reality hits back. I need to change my room. I look behind and Randhir is gone. Great!

I scan the room and there.. there he is holding a girl's hand and I guess flirting with her. Jerk!

"Hey mai office ja rahi hu Randhir ke saath. Tum dono ko tumhare room me milti hu. Bye" I say hurriedly and start walking towards him.

He is wearing a grey long sleeved t-shirt with jeans. His hair still damp from the shower. He says something to that girl and she giggles and bites her lip seductively.

Very subtle.

I go and tap his shoulder. That girl looks at me and glares.

Chill girl! I'm not here to snatch him..

Randhir looks back and smiles and mouths '2 minutes'. I sigh and stand at a little distance away, opening my Instagram.

"Tumhare life me jald hi R naam se koi ladka aane wala hai jo tumhara life partner hoga" Randhir says tracing the line on that girl's palm and I can't help but hear their conversation.

How stupid, I think.

"Awww really. I can't believe tum haath padh sakte ho. You are such a cutie pie" she says.

Cutie pie? Really? How dumb some girls are. Isn't it obvious that he is faking it.

"Mai aur bhi bahot kuch padh sakta hu sweetie" he says running his forefinger down her cheek.

Ewww!! This is some extreme level of stupidity.

"But ab mujhe jaana hai I'll meet you later in the canteen at 5 okay?" Randhir says kissing her hand and she shakes her head and grabs his arm.

"Okay" she says looking at Randhir like he is some celebrity. I bet she is thinking about them getting married someday.

Randhir walks towards me and smirks. Mr. Smirky is back! I look at him with a poker face and he chuckles. I roll my eyes.

"Hey cutie pie" I tease him and he makes a disgusted face.

"I know right?" he says shaking his head. "Lag raha tha ke apne pet dog se baat kar rahi hai. I mean who calls a hottie a cutie?" he says and now it's my turn to make a disgusted face.

But he is a hottie, comes a voice from the back of my head and I shut it down.

"Tum bhi bahot interested lag rahe the lekin, toh ab jhelo" I say shrugging my shoulders as we walk towards the office.

"Oh wow Sanyukta. Ek din ke pehchaan me bhi itni jealousy. Tum toh badi possessive ho yaar" he says pulling my cheek and I swat his arm away.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you'll always be my number one girl" he says grinning at me.

I open my mouth to say something but close it again deciding to avoid him. "Idiot" I mutter under my breath and he laughs out loud​. His laugh is carefree and so beautiful that for a moment I can't take my eyes off him.

Couldn't he be an ugly looking guy? It's really annoying that I get affected by his presence and his good looks.

I tear my gaze away from him and realise that we've reached the office.

____________

The future of Sandhir will be decided in the next chapter. We all want them as roommates hai na??