Epilogue - 2

"Saharsh, Ruhi! Chalo tayyar hone. Abhi daddy aayenge cake leke" I call my two little babies inside the bedroom and they come running towards me.

"Mumma chocolate cake na?" Ruhi asks. "Nahi pineapple" saharsh whines.

"Chocolate!"

"Pineapple!"

"Dono laayenge daddy" I say before they both start fighting.

I still remember the day when these two precious gems came in our lives.

3 months after our marriage, I took the pregnancy test when I missed my periods. Daadi was with me at that time and I was thrilled with the news.

When Randhir came back from office, I had told him that he was soon going to become a father and he had squealed in joy, hugging me so tight. It was the happiest I'd seen him. Soon we told the news to everyone over dinner the next Sunday.

Everyone was so excited and happy. I swear I saw tears in dad's eyes. He has now changed so much.

During the tests, we got to know that I'm carrying not one but 2 lives inside me. But that didn't scare us. In fact we were more happy. Twins run in Randhir's family so that was expected.

Unn nine months me mujhe Randhir se aur pyaar hua tha. He was always there for me. Whenever I felt sick, he was by my side taking care of me. Mere mood swings toh itne jhele the usne. Raat ke do baje jab mujhe gulaab jamun khaane ka mann hota tab vo bichara bina complain kiye, kise bhi restaurant se dhund ke laata.

Could I ask for a better husband?

During the day of the delivery I was so much in pain. Randhir was scared for his life. I remember how he couldn't see me in so much pain and kept shouting at the doctors to make it go away. Agar mai tabhi itne dard me nahi hoti toh Randhir ki haalat dekh ke bahot hassti.

But when I delivered the babies, it felt like everything was worth it. All the morning sickness, all the cravings and mood swings and the pain. All worth it.

Randhir itna roya vo din. He kept repeating how much he loved me. His hands were shaking when he lifted our little girl. How I was crying tears of joy when I had Saharsh in my arms for the first time.

He kissed my forehead and told me that I've given him the best gift. And I'd said that our little family is now complete.

Looking after two babies was going to be difficult so I quit the job. I wanted to give all my attention to both of them. I didn't trust any nannies to handle my angels.

"Mumma! Harsh ne mujhe dhakka diya" I hear Ruhi's voice from behind me and when I look behind she is on the floor and started crying.

Hey Bhagwan ye ladka!

Harsh looks at me with panicked eyes and hangs his head in shame. "Mumma maine dheere se diya tha. Vo girr gayi" he says and goes to pick up his sister.

They may fight every minute but they love each other to the core. He slowly dusts her skirt and she smiles wiping her eyes. My heart melts looking at them.

I remove their clothes and dress them up. I zip up Ruhi's cute pink frock and look at her. So beautiful.

When I look at Harsh, he has already put on the shirt and is struggling to button it up. I pull him towards me lightly and button them.

Itna tamasha kiya tha isne ke isse daddy ki tarah hi shirts aur jeans chahiye. He hates wearing t-shirts. Kehta hai ke ab vo bada ho gaya hai aur daddy ki tarah hi shirts pehnega.

Daddy's boy!

"Mai ghar aa gaya" comes a voice from outside and Ruhi runs outside and Saharsh follows.