Jealousy

My eyes fill with tears. I take her hand in mine. "P..Paani" she whispers. Randhir quickly fills a glass with water and hands it over to me. I help her drink it. She tries to sit up and I and Randhir help her. She eyes Randhir with confusion.

"Kaisi ho daadi? Kahi kuch dard toh nahi ho raha na.. Mai kuch.." I start babbling. "Sanyu.. mujhe kuch yaad hi nahi ke mai yaha kaise aayi.. Mai thik hu.. pehle sab bata" she says. I explain to her everything and tears fill my eyes again. She kisses my hand and I lean to kiss her forehead.

She again looks at Randhir and then at me like she is waiting for me to introduce him. I am more than happy to do it. "Daadi ye Randhir hai.. college me hum saath padhte hai.. mera roommate.. mera dost. Kaafi achha dost" I say and give him a small smile.

"Hello daadi.. aap laddu bahot achhe banati ho" he says with a smile. Oh ya he had eaten all the laddoos. I give him a disapproving look.

"Daadi Randhir hi mujhe yaha laaya.. aur bahot help ki.. uske dad ke friend Dr Nayar hi aapka treatment kar rahe hai." She smiles at Randhir and tells him to sit down on the chair beside the bed.

"Toh tum ho vo Randhir. Bahot irritate karte the na meri bachhi ko. Ladkiyo ko pareshaan karne me maza aata hai tumhe?" She says angrily.

I know she is just messing with him. Randhir's eyes widen in fear. Randhir tries to explain, "Nahi vo mai-"

Daadi starts laughing. I chuckle as Randhir looks at me, still a little nervous. I shake my head and smile at him.

"Daraa hi diya daadi aapne toh mujhe" he laughs. "Toh Sanyukta ke andar jo thodi bahot masti hai vo aapke taraf se aati hai" Randhir says grinning widely. Daadi proudly nods.

"Jaise maine socha tha aap toh usse bhi jyada patli ho. Sanyukta aapka saara khana khaa jaati hogi na.. bhukkad" he looks at me and laughs. I slap his arm playfully.

"Tabhi toh tum bhi patle hue ho Randhir" she chuckles. Randhir laughs more loudly and they give each other a high five. Well so I am the target here. Great. I roll my eyes but my smile is just not going away.

The nurse from yesterday comes and starts checking up daadi. Again the whole time she was giving flirtatious looks to Randhir. Randhir is also smiling. What?

Ye Randhir ko check karne aayi hai ya daadi ko? Idiot!

She leaves, purposely brushing her arm on Randhir's. I stare at her retreating back. Kaise purposely thumak thumak ke gayi. Ye koi place hai flirt karne ki. Huh..

Just after that Diksha and her mom dad come to visit. I stand up and let them sit. Uncle has a warm smile on his face but aunty is just scowling. I am not surprised. She was always like that.

"Thanks uncle. Aapne bahot help ki. Thank you very much" I say.

"Arre beta padosi hai hum. Itna toh farz bannta hai humara" he gives me a warm smile. "Puri duniya k farz toh ye hi nibhaate hai" says aunty with a very fake smile. Hey bhagwan..

I turn to look at Diksha and she is gawking at Randhir. What's it with everyone today. Uncle involves me in a conversation but I am really not paying attention. Randhir and Diksha start talking. Why are you talking to her? That too in such a low voice. Mujhe kuch sunayi bhi nahi de raha.

"Maine pucha kaisa chal raha hai college" oh shit! "Ha ha uncle bahot achha" I say.

I look at them again and now they are laughing. She touches his arm while laughing. And then nonchalantly brushes his shoulder jaise ke kuch laga hai uske shirt pe. Wah wah kya subtle ladki hai. Bass bahana chahiye touch karne ka. Get your hands off him!

Sanyukta what's wrong with you? It's not that he is mine or something. But Randhir was clearly uncomfortable, wasn't he.

I pay uncle the money that he spent while admitting daadi and bringing her here. At that, Diksha's mom finally sighs in relief. Kya aurat hai.

"Chalo beta chalte hai" uncle says. Huh finally.

While leaving, Diksha again waves flirtatiously to Randhir and whispers something in his ear. Daadi ko dekhne aayi thi, unko toh ek baar bhi nahi dekha. Now go!

When they leave Randhir goes down to the canteen to bring some soup for daadi. Daadi is smiling when I look back at her. More like smirking. Did Randhir rub off on her so quickly. I give her a "kya" look.

"You like Randhir don't you. Infact I can say ye jo bhi hai, liking se thoda jyada hai"

_____

Ok now I seriously need your views on this one. Jealous Sanyukta is cute na?? Will she accept that she likes him ;)