Girl talk

I wake up in a jerk sitting up on the bed and panting. Gosh what was that about? Did I have a bad dream or something? I look around and it is still dark. I look at the time in my phone and squint my eyes with the harsh light. It's 5.17 am. I try to go back to sleep and end up just tossing and turning.

My mind can't get rid of yesterday's events and my eyes are still burning. Crying and lack of sleep does that. I again check the time but to my disappointment it's just 5.30. I sit up on the bed and even though I am forcing my eyes to not look to the side but the traitors that they are, they just land on the person who is sleeping there.

Since he is sleeping I take a moment to watch him. But something is different. Even in his sleep, his body is stiff. Mouth closed in a straight line which is very unusual. His eyebrows are crinkled in a small frown. He is definitely not sleeping peacefully. Why? He just got his long lost girlfriend back right? The only thing same is his messy hair.

The feelings build up inside me again but I bury them. I stare at his face for a long time wishing that his tension magically disappears. But it doesn't. I can't hold my self back.

I lift my hand and brush my fingers on his forehead where a small v has formed between his eyebrows. And like magic he visibly relaxes and his face seems almost like before. Almost. I can't keep ogling over him. He is in a relationship Sanyukta. I will be termed as a bitch for ruining their high school romance.

I quickly rush in the bathroom and come out in 15 minutes. Randhir is still sleeping. I watch him for a moment again and before I do something stupid, I tiptoe out of the room and quietly close the door. What to do now? Vidushi and Tanya!

I knock on their door. Once twice thrice. No answer. "Vidushi Tanya!" I call out, knocking again.

The door opens in a swift and Vidushi grabs my shoulders and scans my whole body. "Tum thik ho?" she asks with concern.

"Ha baba.. atleast let me come in" I say fidgeting with the hem of my t-shirt.

"Sanyukta it's just 6.30.. ugh. I hate you" Tanya says sitting up, her eyes still drooping.

"And kal tum kaha thi. We went crazy looking for you. Fir Bhai ne kaha ke tum aa gayi ho. You got us all worried" Vidushi says and I suddenly feel guilty.

Whatever it is with Randhir, I should not make my friends upset. I sigh. "I'm sorry" I say and turn to the small induction cooker they have and decide to make coffee for them.

"So it's been a long time we had no girl talk. Exam ke time se I guess.. so Tanya how's it with Vishaad?" I ask when I pour the milk in the container and switch on the induction. She is now wide awake on the mention of her lover boy.

"It's all.. amazing. I couldn't ask for more" she says dreamily.

"And Vidushi?" I ask. "Ye mat sochna ke mai notice nahi ki that you were avoiding Parth like a plague. Kya hua.. tell me." Tanya reaches out for her hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. Something is definitely wrong.

"You remember that day we went for shopping. Vo din.. god vo din perfect tha you know. Hum humare private bubble me the. We talked a lot, had dinner and it was just the best day. I used to keep thinking how it would be on a date with Parth and it was so much better than my imagination. Later when we came back mujhe nahi pata kya hua, like the dumb lovestruck fool I am I blurted out that I like him. I don't know what made me say it. Pura din saath reh ke jab raat ko we were alone in the parking.. urgh! And then the most unexpected thing happened. He grabbed me and kissed me! Oh god he kissed me! And Sanyukta he kisses so much better in reality than in my dreams" Vidushi is now literally squirming and her face is red like a tomato.

I squeal. "Omg wow that's.." I say but she raises her hand to stop me from saying further.

"He kissed me and then I was just dazed. He said ke room me jaao bahot raat ho gayi hai vagera. So he dropped me off on my floor and went. I had this mind numbing, heart stopping feeling you know. I was so so happy. I was on cloud nine. Tanya ne tab mujhe bola bhi ke I'm physically glowing" she looks at Tanya and Tanya nods in agreement.

"Anyway, the next day Parth came here and he was all disheveled which is really rare because he is always you know.. um.. perfect. He said, I'll quote his exact words - kal jo hua vo heat of the moment me hua and wapas nahi hoga. Tum Randhir ki behen ho and this is not right. Bhul jaao sab I am really sorry" she sighs and grabs fistful of her hair.

"Heat of the moment?? Like seriously. Vo mind blowing kiss ek galti thi uske liye. Mai ek galti hu. Sab bass galat hai" she whispers.

Oh. My. God.

The induction beeps so I get up and pour three cups of coffee and hand it to them. The room has gone silent. We drink the coffee in silence. I don't know what to say so I stroke Vidushi's hair and clutch her hand.

"Hum chaahe kisi se kitna bhi pyaar kare. We can never force them to love us back" Vidushi says, more to herself than us. Those words hit my head like a bullet. So true Vidushi. So damn true.

I decide to tell them about my thing now. They are my best friends. I'll just feel better. "Um mujhe bhi kuch batana hai.. just promise you guys won't interrupt untill I complete" I say, the lump in my throat expanding. Tanya keeps all the empty cups aside and I start...

_____

I know you guys want SANDHIR but the other characters play an important role too.. hope you people understand!