1st Dinner Together

We have almost finished our food and my gulab jamuns are begging me to eat them.

The most awaited moment of the whole meal, or should I say the whole day, is finally here.

Yes that's how much I love gulab jamun. Itne ke I can eat them everyday without ever getting bored.

I have one and moan in delight as the sweetness fills my mouth. The one who first made them, invented them, deserves a medal. A nobel prize in fact.

Suddenly Randhir leans towards me casually and takes the other gulab jamun and puts it in his mouth.

Did he just.. did he just touch my gulaab jamun?

The whole table goes quite and I look at him with shock, surprise but mostly.. anger.

How. Dare. He.

He swallows it and licks off his fingers. "Vo tumhare plate me jo gulab jamun tha vo bada tha mere plate me jo hai unse" he says casually and takes his small bowl of gulab jamuns.

So he had not touched them yet but he wanted to eat mine. I'll show you boy.

Everyone turns towards me waiting for my reply. I sweetly smile at Randhir and he raises his eyebrows.

Not leaving my eyes off him I stretch my hand towards his plate, take both the gulab jamuns in one hand and pop both of them in my mouth at the same time.

I moan in delight and leisurely chew them with my eyes closed.

Wah wah wah...

Ek ke badle do. Now I don't feel angry that he ate it.

I open my eyes and lick my fingers as
everyone bursts into laughter. I am still smiling at Randhir while he just looks at me in shock.

But in his eyes I can see the amusement and humour.

Randhir Singh Shekhawat, don't you ever mess up with my gulab jamuns. I can kill for them!

I give him a victory smile and he shakes his head biting his lip to control his smile.

"Chalo yaar sab ek round maar ke aate hai. I want to look around" says Parth. Sounds like a good idea.

"Guys tum log jaao I am very sleepy" Tanya says yawning. We say goodnight to her and leave.

Our university is not in the city part. There are small villages nearby but the population is too less.

Parth and Randhir are walking some steps ahead of us talking about getting in the football team.

Vidushi and I are behind them, silent.

Trees are surrounding the whole road and the breeze is cool and fresh. That's the best part about Panchgani. It being a hill station, the whether is always serene.

"Shit can you believe this! Isse bhi mere bhai ka hi best friend banna tha. This is so weird. Crushing on my brother's best friend!" whines Vidushi when they go a little more ahead and are out of hearing shot.

"Usme weird kya? It's like all the novels and the romantic stuff where the girl falls in love with her brother's best friend" I grin at her. "And if you are really feeling weird toh baaki ladke toh hai hi.." I say casually.

"Areey but Sanyukta he is so handsome and smart and good looking and so bloody cute... urghh!! Pehle laga ke bass looks achhe hai, but usski baate bhi kitni achhi hai and overall he has a great personality. Tum toh jaanti ho na mai kaisi hu. Koi ladka achha lage toh khud se approach kar sakti hu bina kuch soche. But ab bhai hai kahani me aur sab gadbad ho gayi. How should I behave dammit! I am dieing to talk openly with him" she says.

"But Randhir dates other girls na.. so why can't you?" I ask.

She stares at him for a moment and a smile grows on her face.

"He is really protective. You know typical big brother! Jab ke he is not even elder than me. 5 minute jaldi kya paida hua khud ko bada bhai samjhta hai" she says and even though she is glaring at him, she has a little smile on her face like she secretly likes his protective behaviour.

Hmm it's obvious that Vidushi loves and respects him. That's why she is thinking about him before approaching Parth.

But Randhir and overprotective? I can't imagine that. He himself is messing around with so many girls.

Weird.

______

Don't forget to vote and comment!