Farewell party

"Can you believe ke 3 saal nikal gaye hai?" I say and try to zip up my luggage bag again with full force. The chain doesn't move an inch. Damn! Randhir gently pulls me backwards and zips it up in one go. As always.. my savior!

"Hmm" he says pulling me close and kissing my nose. "Remember jab hum pehli baar mile the.. mere saare laddu giraa diye the tumne" I say smiling at the memory and he buries his face in my neck and inhales sharply.

"You were such a brat. So bloody arrogant" I poke his ribs but he is busy giving my neck feather light kisses. "Hmm" he says again. "Are you even listening? You arrogant donkey. Stupid retarded moron.. ugly faced loser.. idiot... Aah!" Randhir nibs my ear lobe and a shock runs through my body and I feel his smile on my neck.

"Jo bhi hu tumhara hu." He says looking into my eyes with a mischievous smile. How I love that smile! "Cheezy" I say and make a disgusted face and his grin widens.

"Mujhe ghar nahi jaana" I say and place my head on his shoulder looking at our now empty room. This has been my home for 3 years. It feels like just yesterday when I entered the room for the first time. Where did all the time go? I guess in love.

Randhir sighs beside me and kisses the top of my head. "Are you sure you don't wanna share an apartment with me in Mumbai. Please think about it na. Mujhe nahi lagta I will be able to stay away from you now" he says and I look up to see that he is staring at me with love.

"Now my home is wherever you are" he says so sincerely that I almost give in to his idea. But then I can't leave daadi on her own for any longer. "Randhir mai.." "I know baby. I understand" he cuts me off before I explain and smiles sadly. "But that doesn't mean ke mai tumhara peecha chhod dunga. I'll call you 24/7 and keep visiting and tumhe bhi aana padega daadi k saath mujhse milne okay?" he asks.

"Obviously aaungi mai. Aur by the way you'll be staying just some distance away so it's not like there will be a lot of distance." I say and he nods. Randhir is planning to rent an apartment. Vidushi told me that he and their father are not really on good terms. I wonder why? I dismiss the idea immediately.

We carry on with our packing. Yesterday was our last day in college and today is our farewell party. I have kept my outfit, which is a gorgeous saree, away from the eyes of Randhir to surprise him. I hope he likes it. But am sure he will. He will compliment me even if I wear a sack. Tomorrow morning we all will be leaving and then meeting again on the graduation day which is after 2 weeks.

I lift up the last thing in our room which is a small framed photo of me and Randhir at the fair and absentmindedly trace my fingers over it and my eyes well up.

"Hey" Randhir gently lifts up my chin and looks at me. He gives me a small assuring smile and I smile back. "Ab rona mat. I know mujhe bahot miss karogi tum.. mere kisses, mere hugs, meri sexy body, mera super handsome face, mera..." He goes on bragging about himself and I roll my eyes and smile. This will never change!

____

"Wow! Parth toh flat ho jaayega" I say and Vidushi blushes. She is wearing a really gorgeous beige coloured silk saree with a black lace border and the same matching blouse. Parth and Vidushi are finally dating and it's been more than a year now. Randhir was really mad when he came to know. Not because his sister and his best friend are dating, but because both of them thought so lowly about him by thinking that he will not accept their relationship. But I know that inside his heart he was really happy that both of them respect him so much to keep their love at stake. So now everything is good. Vidushi and Parth make an awesome pair.

Tanya is sitting on her bed looking at us with a sad smile. Vidushi pulls her up and puts her arm around her shoulder. "Taani, pure saree ka look kharab kar rahi hai tu by that constipated look on your face." Vidushi scolds her and she reluctantly smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes.