Distant

It's been two weeks and Randhir has started behaving more and more weird. Distant is the right word actually. I wonder what's wrong with him. I remember five days ago how he just came to the room at night and the whole day I had no idea where he had been. It was 11.30 when he came to the room.

"Kaha the tum Randhir. Time ka kuch andaza hai? Lectures me bhi nahi the. Subah uthi hu tab se gayab. Parth, Vidushi ko bhi kuch nahi pata. Vo dono bhi chinta kar rahe the. Aur mai bhi" I had scolded him.

"Tum meri biwi nahi ho aur na hi meri girlfriend ho. Go to sleep" he had replied silently without looking up at me and just avoided my questions like that.

Avoided me.

Aur aaj toh hadh ho gayi. I went and sat next to him in the lecture and he, without a word got up and sat with another geeky boy. All our friends were staring at us with their mouths open wide. The whole class in fact. What the hell! So embarrassing it was!

Let him come now! He has to face me and now he cannot avoid my questions anymore. Mr. Randhir Singh Shekhawat, now you cannot escape. You have to answer me. You have to tell me what's wrong. Suddenly the door opens and I say in a loud voice. "RANDHIR!"

Vidushi and Parth get freezed to the spot! Oh it's them. I sigh.

"Ab tak nahi aaya bhai? Hum ussi se baat karne aaye the. About his weird behavior nowadays" says Vidushi with a little frown.

"Oh thank god! I thought I am the only one noticing this" I say as I sit on the bed.

"Vo hum sab ke saath thik hai waise. But when you are around pata nahi ajeeb sa behave karta hai" says Parth while lightly punching the punching bag.

"Mujhe toh bahot chinta ho rahi hai. Kaha ho bhai tum" Vidushi whispers and keeps her head on my shoulder. Suddenly the door opens again and all three of us stand in attention. It's Randhir. Finally!

He looks at us with a confused expression and removes his earphones and walks inside. "Randhir we need to talk to you" I say in a stern voice.

"I am really sleepy now. Kal baat karte hai" he says and starts walking towards the bed. I hold his hand from behind and he stops and looks at me with anger.

"Bhai kya hua hai tum itna weird kyu behave kar rahe ho. We all have noticed. What's wrong please tell us" Vidushi asks him.

"Ha Randhir koi problem hai kya?" asks Parth.

"Kuch nahi hai. It's all fine. So jaau ab?" he says with a straight face. I go and stand in front of him.

"Nahi tum nahi so sakte. Pehle jawaab do. Kya ho gaya hai tumhe. Abhi toh hum friends bane the. Tum itne achhe roommate ho mere. Kya maine kuch galat kiya hai? Mere saath hi kyu aisa behave kar rahe ho? Bolna hi padega tumhe!" I say and fold my hands. He again starts going towards the bed and this time I pull him hard towards me.

"Sanyukta!!" he warns angrily.

"Nahi Randhir bass aaj mujhe jaanna hai. I have had enough of this saddu Randhir. Pehle jaise ho jaao. Meri life difficult ho gayi hai pichle dino se tum mujhse sahi se baat nahi kar rahe ho toh. I am not backing off this time. Tum..."

"I am starting to like you Sanyukta. I am falling for you. I have feelings for you!"

_____

Dhan ta nannnn!!!!! Ye toh hona hi thaaaaa.. hahaha :D