Fun Day!!

I look at myself in the mirror and.. well I look good. I am wearing a romper which comes down till my mid-thigh. It's plain and simple. I paired it up with simple white flats. My tied my hair up in a high pony tail with some tendrils escaping, framing my face. Will Randhir be impressed? I hope so.

He had asked me to meet him in the basement at 5pm sharp

He had asked me to meet him in the basement at 5pm sharp. It's 5.05. With a final look in the mirror, I take my sling bag and go to the basement. People were staring at me, especially boys. I hope it's not because I look funny or something.

I scan the basement and I instantly spot Randhir at the far end. I take slow nervous steps towards him. He is leaning on a wall with one hand shoved in his pocket and the other one holding his phone. His eyes are glued to the screen so I take a moment to look at him. Like, really look at him.

He, as always, looks breathtaking. But today he looks even more breathtaking. If that is even possible. He is wearing a simple white t-shirt with a denim jacket, chinos and white sneakers. Damn, he doesn't even have to try! This is so not fair, God. Is there anything not perfect about him. As I close the distance, my heartbeats get faster.

Randhir realises my presence when I am a few steps away and looks up at me. I nervously take my steps forward fidgeting with the strap of my bag while Randhir is just gaping at me with his eyes and mouth wide open. Okay so that's a good reaction. I smile to myself and after a moment he blinks and clears his throat composing himself.

"Wow.. you look beautiful, Sanyukta" he whispers and steps forward to close the distance between us but doesn't make a move to touch me. He lifts his hand and tenderly pushes away a tendril behind my ear. I instantly close my eyes at his touch, craving for more. He then slides his hand in mine and entwines our fingers. I love the way my hand fits perfectly in his, like it's just meant to be there.

He leads me outside and I see Vishaad's jeep standing there. He opens the door for me and after I settle down he takes his seat.

He starts driving and I ask him again about the place where we are going but he gives me the same reply.

Okay fine! Surprise me then.

He turns on the music player and the sweet voice of Atif Aslam fills in. It's one of my favorite songs.

Baakhuda...

I can see Randhir glancing at me every now and then and I know that he is nervous whether I will like his surprise or not. But I am damn sure, whatever it will be, I am going to love it, as long as he is by my side.

After passing several small villages Randhir stops the jeep. The ride took around 30 minutes. It's quite here and we are surrounded by trees everywhere, but I can hear faint buzzing of people in the distance.

He opens the door for me and holds my hand. The noise starts becoming loud and I guess we are going to some crowded place. Randhir is nervous, so I give his hand a gentle squeeze and smile at him. He smiles back. Then he take a huge breath and says. "We are here".