Freaking out!

"WHAT!" Vidushi shrieks. I told her the thing that happened yesterday. "How can she tell him to change the room. That bitch.."

"Vids calm down. Vo uski girlfriend hai. Ofcourse vo usse ye sab bol sakti hai. Ab decision Randhir ko lena hai. I know vo obviously room change kar dega. Subah bhi Sanaya aayi thi room me.. isliye mai yaha aa gayi. Maybe she came to help him pack up" I tell her and sigh. Today there is some staff meeting so there are no lectures and hence I am here in her room.

"But as you said Bhai ne kaha that he doesn't want to leave. Sanyukta there is definitely something going on. Bhai ko aisi dominating ladkiya bilkul pasand nahi. I have seen them together during school days. That spark and connection is not present now. It's like something forceful. Did you notice ke Sanaya hamesha humaare saath baithti toh hai, but conversations me involve nahi hoti. Bhai bhi relationship me kam tension me jyada lagte hai. Also, achanak kaise aa gaye vo dono relationship me? Jab pehli baar vo log table pe aaye the tab we tried asking but they just avoided the topic. Bhai ko Sanaya nahi pasand thi right? Aisa kya hua jo they started dating. Kuch toh hai. Don't you think?" she says.

Well, I never thought of it that way. Randhir never liked Sanaya and her presence never mattered to him. Is there really something going on?

"I don't know Vidushi. Randhir ne bhi bahot baar mujhse baat karne ki koshish ki but I used to always avoid him. Mujhe mere dard ke saamne kuch dikh hi nahi raha tha. Shit! There's only one way to know. Mai baat kar ke aati hu Randhir se." I get up and hug Vidushi.

"Call me if there is a problem" she says and I go to my room.

I open the door and the first thing I see is Sanaya sitting on the floor cross legged rocking back and forth. Randhir is not here. I clear my throat and she looks. Her eyes are bloodshot and puffy. What the hell! I go and sit in front of her.

"Sanaya are you ok?" I ask. Oh god she is freaking me out. She is murmuring something under her breath. Firstly I don't get what she is saying but then I catch her words.

'Tum mujhse pyaar kyu nahi karte Randhir'

She is chanting this line like some kind of mantra and honestly, it's starting to scare me. Where the hell is Randhir! I call out her name a few times but she is totally oblivious that I am sitting right in front of her. I grab her shoulders and shake her.

"Sanaya!!" she looks up at me and her eyes well up. I make her sit on the bed and again ask her. "Kya hua Sanaya? Mujhe bataa sakti ho tum. Randhir se jhagda hua kya?" I ask and at the mention of Randhir she grabs fistful of her hair and pulls it.

"Aaaaarrgghhhhh" she screams and I quickly get up. My heart is beating frantically and I am seriously terrified of this whole situation.

"Sanyukta. You are not supposed to treat me nicely. Tum Randhir se pyaar karti ho remember?" she says and I am taken aback by her words. How does she know?

"K..kya bol.. rahi ho?" I stutter.

"Randhir mujhse bahot pyaar karta tha you know.. bahot bahot bahot jyada. But maine usse cheat kiya and usne mujhe chhod diya. Fir maine jitne bhi ladko ko date kiya na, sabne mujhe dump kiya. Sabne dhoka diya. I deserved it right? Yaha aane ke baad when I saw him, all the feelings came back. I was so happy to be in the same college as him. But vo toh meri taraf dekhta bhi nahi tha." she pauses and looks at me and clenches her fist tightly. "Tumhari wajah se" she points an accusing finger at me.

"Kya.. kya.. Sanaya tum uski girlfriend ho. Mai nahi. TUM!" I say. She chuckles. Then she starts laughing. Like really laughing loudly holding her stomach. She laughs like a mad woman until her eyes fill with tears and she suddenly grabs the table lamp and throws it on the floor. I quickly step backwards.

"Kya faayda mere saath relationship me reh ke? Pyaar toh vo tumse karta hai. Bloody hell maine kitna try kiya ke tum dono ko alag rakhu. And it worked. Tum dono meri aankhon ke saamne dur hote ja rahe the. Jab se college aayi thi tab se dekhti thi tum dono ki closeness. I know I screwed up in the past. But mai uska pehla pyar thi. He should be with me hai na??! Lekin vo toh tumse hi pyaar karta hai. Tumse hi pyaar karta hai... Mujhse nahi. Tum mujhse pyaar kyu nahi karte Randhir.. tum mujhse pyaar kyu nahi karte" she starts chanting again and this time, is scratching her upper arm while chanting. Her nails are digging in her skin until blood starts dripping down her arms. Oh god.. she is hurting herself like that without knowing it. She goes on scratching her arms and I stand there transfixed not knowing what to do.

My head starts spinning and my legs feel like jelly. Bile rises in my throat looking at the blood and the way she is behaving. What the hell is going on here. Randhir loves me? Why is Sanaya behaving like this?

Sanaya.. I carefully walk towards her and take her hand away. She looks up at me and her whole face crunches up. Her eyes well up and she starts crying hysterically. I just stand there like a fool not knowing what to do. Within a few minutes her sobs slow down and she suddenly drops herself on the bed and her eyes close.

Did she just faint? No no no no... The door slowly opens and my heart starts thumping loudly. Randhir enters with his eyes cast down on his cellphone. When he looks up, he drops his cellphone and his eyes widen with horror.

____________

Whoaa!! This is not the whole thing people.. You guys want Randhir to explain it right? And he will explain his side. So get ready for some pretty awesome chapters ahead.. love you guys.. happy reading!