Closure

If I say I am shocked then it will be the understatement of the year. I am eyes-wide-open and jaw-touching-the-floor shocked. So are Vidushi and Parth. Randhir did all of this.. oh god! How can someone not love him? I mean everybody loves him but.. does he have to be so good always. He handled all of this alone and didn't even tell anybody. Everyone misunderstood him. Even me. How stupid can I be? I love him and I couldn't see all of this.

Vidushi breaks the silence. "Bhai" she whispers and hugs him. "Why do you always have to be the better twin. Urgh I hate you" she says and lightly slaps his arm. Randhir rolls his eyes and says "The feeling is mutual kiddo".

Parth too punches his arm. But not like Vidushi. He punches it hard. "Oww Kaminey. Ye kyu?"

"Bhai bolta hai mujhe aur ye baat nahi batayi tune mujhe. Teri toh.." he draws his fist towards Randhir's arm again but Randhir jerks away.

"That's not the way you appreciate someone Parth" Randhir says shaking his head like he is very disappointed in Parth. Randhir's eyes lock with mine and I take a step forward to hug him.

"Sanaya..!!!" a middle aged couple rushes inside the door and I step back. They are obviously Sanaya's parents. Their faces are etched with worry. But I remember Randhir's words.

'Unko Sanaya se chhutkara chahiye tha'.

How could they do that to their daughter! But I am not going to judge them. I judged Randhir's actions too quickly and it led to so much trouble.

"Randhir Vidushi.. Sanaya kaha hai? Doctor ne kya kaha? Kaise hua ye sab aur usko jyada.." the woman stops blabbering when the man places a hand on her shoulder. Just then the doctor comes outside.

"Mr and Mrs Jha. Aapki beti Abhi hosh me aa gayi hai. I am sorry but vo abhi yaha nahi padh paayegi. Usko treatment ki jarurat hai" the doctor states.

"Aap keh rahe hai ke meri beti pagal hai!" Mr Jha shouts and this time Mrs Jha holds his hand. They don't seem like the couple who fights a lot. Then why are they getting divorced?

"Aap dono andar chaliye please" the doctor tells them and they follow him.

_____

I called Arikta aunty and informed her that I won't come today. The doctor told Sanaya's parents to complete the leaving procedure and pack her things. How is Sanaya going to react to all this? Will all this lead her to more depression? I hope not. However she behaved, it was all because she was not in the right state of mind. I am sure that if once Randhir loved her, she must be an amazing girl. She just had to bear so much leading her to reach this stage. I really really hope that she soon gets well.

It's already 7pm and Sanaya is going to leave in an hour. We are now going to see her in her room and honestly, I am feeling.. nervous to face her after that incident.

Vidushi, Parth, Randhir and I stand by the door and I can sense Randhir's whole posture become stiff. I hold his hand and give it a light squeeze and he relaxes a bit. Vidushi knocks lightly and opens the door. Sanaya is sitting on her bed tying her shoe laces. She looks up at us but doesn't react as if she knew that we would be visiting.

"Hey Sanaya how do you feel?" Vidushi asks.

"Um.. better I guess" she answers.

"Ermm.. waise mai tumhare liye chocolates laayi hu. You were so crazy for chocolates hai na?" Vidushi tries to cheer her up.

"Crazy? Hm.. yes I am crazy" she whispers and those words echo around the room. So she knows that her mental condition is in stress. I feel so bad for her.

"Not more than me.." Vidushi gives her a nervous chuckle again trying to ease the tension in the room. This time it works and Sanaya smiles. A genuine smile.

"Ok so.. maine tumhe fb pe friend request bheji hai.. accept it and like all my pictures. Hehe.. we will stay in touch ok.." Vidushi hugs her quickly.

Parth clears his throat. "Ermm.. we didn't get to know each other much but... I hope to see you soon. Stay in touch" he says shifting on his feet and Sanaya simply nods. They both leave and now it's just Sanaya me and Randhir in the room.

Never had I imagined to be in this situation.

She glances at me and I go and sit beside her. "Sorry" she says and I hug her tightly. I hope this hug conveys to her what I really feel. I don't know what to say. So I just hug her.

"Everything will be fine. Come back soon. We all will be waiting to see you again" I tell her and she grins and nods. I get up and leave the room giving them the time to talk. When I reach outside Sanaya starts speaking and I am stopped in my tracks, curiosity getting the best of me.

"Randhir.. Mai bass kuch dino ke liye ja rahi hu aur wapas aaungi tab we will continue our relationship. Don't miss me a lot okay. I love you so much".

She is still rooting for him. I hope Randhir clears her mind now.

"Saanu, kaise tum aisa bolti ho. Itna pyaar kaise karti ho? Tumhe darr nahi lagta? Mujhe chinta hoti hai tumhari" Randhir says, his voice full of concern.

"Tumhe chinta hoti hai na, isliye toh mujhe darr nahi lagta."

There is a long pause and Sanaya speaks up again.

"Kya hua Randhir kya soch rahe ho?"

"Mai soch raha hu ke tumhe kaise batau? Kaise batau ke tumhare aur mere scenarios alag hai. Tum mere saath apna future dekhti ho aur mai bhi vohi future dekhta tha kuch saal pehle. Sach me. I wanted to spend my life with you but.. I guess we were not meant to be. And vo din maine tumhe I love you bola but mai.."

"I know Randhir. I know. Mera dimaag sab samajh raha tha. But dil samajhne ko tayyar hi nahi tha. Kabhi toh tum mujhe accept karoge aise hamesha lagta tha. Kya aisa sach me nahi ho sakta? Kabhi toh? Mai rukne ko tayyar hu Randhir. Jab tak tum kaho. Puri zindgi bhi" her voice cracks.

"Sanaya nahi please" Randhir sniffs "I know tum mujhse bahot pyaar karti ho. I know tumhe abhi mere saath achha lag raha hai. You used to keep telling me ke mai aasmaan ki tarah hu. Because I let you fly. Because I set you free. But Saanu tumhe aasmaan ki nahi, ek comforting ghar ki jaroorat hai. Something.. someone to keep you safe, someone to hold on to. I'm not that home. As much as you need to fly, you need solace and peace too. And I don't think I'm that person. I could never ever want anything bad to happen to you. Please meri baat samjho" He speaks to her like speaking to a child.

"Ek hi life milti hai. And it's so damn beautiful. Just like you. Isse mere peeche mat waste karo please. Kya tum meri baat sunogi?"

Oh Randhir.. my heart breaks listening to their conversation. Sanaya is obviously madly in love with Randhir. Her words and actions say it. Randhir loves her too.. but not in the same way. The way he consoled her and explained her was just so.. overwhelming. I can hear Sanaya's silent sobs from inside. I hear their footsteps and I quickly move. I don't want to be caught eavesdropping.

They both come out. Randhir has a arm around Sanaya's shoulder and she is sobbing in his chest. I walk behind them towards our gate where her parents and all our friends are waiting. She hugs the others.

Randhir walks towards her. "Bass ab rona dhona. Chalo smile" he pokes her cheek. Her sobs get louder. "Saanu" he wipes her tears and she smiles through them. He kisses her forehead.

Then she is gone.... From this college? Yes. From our lives? Never.

___________

I know you guys expected a Sandhir chapter. But this one is also important. Sanaya was a major character in this story and her part needed to be ended properly. The next one is full of Sandhir, I promise!