NaLu Week Day 7 ~ The End ~

They were were in serious trouble. Almost the whole guild was all battered and beaten. Natsu lay next to Lucy, unmoving, and she was worried that he wasn't okay. She pushed up on her elbows and tried to sit all the way up. It was hard as it was very painful. She finally did it and nudged Natsu. He didn't move. Lucy nudged harder and, still, nothing. She looked around and saw that Mira was searching for seriously injured members.

"M-Mira! Natsu n-needs help!" Lucy struggled to say and Mira rushed over.

"Oh, no! I can't find a pulse, Lucy!" Mira said and they both burst into tears.

"No... Natsu..." She said crawling closer to him and checking for herself.

"I'm so sorry, Lucy, but I don't think there's anything we can do." Mira said as she wiped away her tears.

"No! Natsu, wake up!!" Lucy screamed.

* 1 hour later *

Everyone who was seriously injured were resting in the infirmary with Porlyusica. But there was only one person who would never recover because they were presumed dead. It was Natsu. Lucy never left his side. She couldn't stop crying, even if she wanted to. Natsu was never going to wake up and there was nothing she could do. So, she stayed with him, until Porlyusica entered the room they moved Natsu to. She told Lucy to leave, but she wouldn't, so Porlyusica just sighed and got to work.

"What are you going to do?" Lucy asked as she tried to wiped away her tears, but more kept coming.

"Stop crying, child. I just need to find out how he ended up this way." She said as she pulled out different potions.

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked.

"I don't think I should have to explain, but I will. I think it's strange that he was the only one to die and nobody else. And he wasn't where the blast was in full force like Erza and she survived." Porlyusica explained and Lucy thought about it.

"That's true. Natsu almost just as strong as Erza, so he only should of been barely injured like me."

"Yes. Ah, I got it." The pink-haired old lady said and pulled out an orange-colored substance.

"What did you get?" Lucy asked as she poured the potion down Natsu's throat.

"He's not dead. Not at all." Porlyusica said once he twitched his hand and scrunched up his nose.

"WHAT?! Really?" Lucy raced over and looked as Natsu started to move.

"Yes. He put himself into a coma like state, but it's a special technique because they don't have a pulse and don't even breathe, but they're very much alive."

"Oh thank Mavis! I was so worried I lost him forever!" Lucy said and more tears, this time happy, escaped her eyes.

Natsu's hand wiped away her tears and Lucy looked down to see his eyes open and looking at her. Porlyusica left the room, but not before saying to Natsu that he should still rest up. He nodded and she was gone. Lucy sat down next to him and leaned down to hug him, which he returned. They stayed like that for awhile. It felt like it was just the two of them there holding each other, tightly.

"Lucy?" Natsu finally spoke up.

"Yeah? What is it?" Lucy asked with concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked and Lucy snorted.

"I should be asking you that. But yeah, I've never been better! I'm just really happy that you're still here. I thought that was the end." Lucy babbled on.

"Me, too. I didn't know I could do that special technique. The world isn't quite done with me, yet. It will never be the end for me!" Natsu rambled off.

"Natsu. I have something to tell you." Lucy said as she averted her gaze.

"What is it?" Natsu cocked a brow.

"When Mira said she couldn't find a pulse, I was scared."

"Scared of what?"

"Scared of losing you. I don't want that to ever happen, again. There was this awful feeling I got when I thought you were gone. I don't know what it was at first. I thought it was normal because my best friend left the world, but it was something more." Lucy explained.

"What do you mean?" Natsu ased, since he's always oblivious to everything.

"Natsu, I realized you're not just my best friend. You're my partner for life! I... I like you!" Lucy said and Natsu's jaw dropped.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I know you probably don't feel the same way." Lucy said while looking at the floor.

"You're right, I don't. I don't like you. I love you, Luce!" Natsu grabbed her by the chin and kissed her.

Lucy was startled by this, but kissed back, of course. Natsu was still here with her and she was very grateful. Now, they were together and that made everything all the better. It wasn't the end for either of them, not by a long shot! In fact, it was just the beginning.

A/N- Yay! This is the last day of NaLu Week!! The End! Litterally! Haha! Anyways, sorry for the shortness, but it's still cute, right? Does anyone even read my

author notes. I have no idea. Let me know if you do in the comments. Anyways, that's all I really have to say. I hope to see/talk to you all in the next update!

Remember to spread Fairy Tail amazingness and stay positive!! I love you all! Byyeee!

- MAJ xx