0.20 - Confrontation

"Thomas.. Answer me.." He was silent, too silent. "Are you real? Is all of this real?" My voice started to raise and I couldn't help but feel that his silence was the answer to my question.

"Lillian... Please... Calm down.."

"No! Don't tell me to calm down, when you're the reason I'm riled up in the first place!"

He frowned at me sadly and stepped closer, in which I stepped back.

"Thomas... I'm scared and I'm tired and I want answers... I don't think you understand how important this all is to me."

"But Lillian I do!" He held my shoulders and gave me a sad smile. "I do understand and that's why... I can't tell you.."

Anger and confusion pulsed through me and I shook my head. "Thomas I don't want to hear that... Please.."

He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry Lillian..." He whispered into my hair. I slowly hugged him back, but I don't know why. My head was telling me to push him away and to get answers out of him, but my heart was telling me to hug him back and embrace him.

Plus, he smells so, so good.

I closed my eyes briefly and sighed. Thomas pulled back and kissed my lips gently, and just as quick as they were there, they were gone.

But that's not the only thing that was gone.

I opened my eyes and I front of me was nothing but the night.

"Thomas?" No reply.

"Thomas?!" He was gone in seconds and I was left there in the cold and darkness, hugging myself and wishing I never asked that damn question.

-

"Mmm I love me some pancakes!" Austin smiled and grabbed herself four pancakes, smothering them in syrup and cutting them up. Xavier helped himself to the food as well, but not as much as Austin.

"Mhm.." I mumbled and took a bite of the single pancake in front of me. After last night I couldn't sleep at all. It's like my brain wouldn't turn off and every little noise made me so paranoid that sleep was just the last thing on my mind-

"Lilly?"

-because if Thomas had stayed with me last night, and answered my questions, none of this would have happened. I would be in his arms, happy and sleeping quietly and knowing he was real and that-

"Lilly?!"

-everything was going to be okay. Because everything is okay when you're in the arms of the one you love. Everything's okay. Everything's okay. Everything's-

"LILLY?!"

I looked up to see a look of horror on my friends faces.

"Huh?"

"You're spilling you're orange juice!! It's all over the table!" Xavier was graving the container from my hand and Austin was scrambling for napkins.

I looked down at the table and realized I had been pouring so much of the orange juice that nearly half of the container was on the table and on my pancakes. When did I pick it up in the first place?

I helped them wiped it all up and apologized softly, still not really in the right mindset.

"What's got you in a day dreamy mode? Without all the dreamy goodness." Austin frowned at me and leaned on the now slightly sticky table. We couldn't clean it ALL up, but it was better than before.

"I dunno... Just a lot on my mind." I shrugged and sighed softly before taking my plate to the trash. The pancakes were soggy and there was no point in eating them now.