0.30 - First Night

I sighed and stepped inside my dorm room. I was not looking forward to the next day, but I was at least looking forward to maybe seeing Cordelia.

Or even better, Thomas.

"Ehem."

I glanced up and noticed the girl laying on the vibrant looking bed. With her laying down with the bed, it made everything on her side of the room kinda just come together.

"Uh, sorry. I'm Lilly, your new roommate-"

"I know, I've heard about you. I think the entire facility knows about you. It's not every day we get a new person." She flipped her long brown curly hair over her shoulder and looked back down at her magazine.

Huh. Okay then...

"So what's your name?"

"Sophie." She glanced up at me with a nasty and I frowned. What was her problem?

"Well nice to meet you Sophie." I walked over and sat on the white fluffy bed. It was, coincidentally, as soft as a cloud. Honestly I thought it'd be hard or stiff. Like one of those mattresses that just sat out too long and for crusty instead of comfy.

I hopped up from the bed and looked through the closet to find some sleep wear. To my dismay, there were only long white gowns as sleep wear.

"Who in their right mind wears this..?" I mumbled to myself. Well I tried to at least.

"If you don't like it I'll take it." Sophie said from behind me. I jumped a little and quickly turned to see her standing only a foot away. The magazine was still in her hands and she tapped her foot impatiently. "Well?"

"Well nothing. It's mine and as horrid as it is I'm keeping it." Did she really think I was just going to give her my night gown? I get that it wasn't the comfy shirts and shorts I was used to but she has got to kidding me.

She huffed and flipped her curly hair over her shoulder once again and looked back down at her magazine, angrily flipping through the pages before calming down again.

I sighed. I guess everyone here suffered from the all mighty beast known as anger issues.

I quickly changed and hopped into bed without another word. It was currently 10:57 and I was wide awake. My heart was ramming into my chest and I couldn't think of anything but Thomas and the fact that he might come.

I hope he got my letter, and I hope that Cordelia joins him. That is, if he comes.

"Goodnight," Sophie muttered before turning off the lights. The clock struck 11:00 and she turn over in her bed with her back facing me.

"Yeah.. Goodnight." I mumbled back. I turned and turned off my light and watched as the room was filled with darkness and the only light visible was the faint lights from the garden outside shining through the window.

One thing is for sure, Dr.Francis did come in and kick the window. I don't know when exactly, but just glancing at it there was a lock on it. No alarms though, but then again no key to unlock it.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes before turning to lay on my side.

This night is surely going to be a long one.

-

I honestly thought I was still asleep. I felt something cold and pointy crawl down my neck and I stirred a bit. Probably the wind, right?

My hand slowly reach up, not our of fear or anything, just the fact that my mind was still pretty asleep. Somehow I had managed to fall asleep but I don't exactly remember when I fell asleep. I guess that's not important though.

"What the.." I mumbled and pulled the offending item off my neck only to see it was a spider. "Shit!"

I flung it away and let out a terrified yelp. "Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh that was on me!" I shook and rubbed my neck, feeling the icy spots where the spider had been. What the..?

"Meow."

I whipped my head around and there sitting on the floor with a dead spider under her paw was Cordelia.

"Cordelia! You came!" I smiled brightly and beckoned her over. She stood lazily and seemed to wipe her paw off before gracefully jumping onto my bed and curling up into my lap.

I smiled down at her and stroked her white fur, which was glowing and extra radiant tonight.

"Is Thomas coming?" I asked quite eagerly. I couldn't help myself; I missed him.

She merely purred at me and closed my eyes. Was that a yes or a no?

It didn't matter, I was going to stay up anyways. I laid back against the head board and smiled to myself contently. If she managed to find a way in here without going through the window, then Thomas was sure to make in it in as well.

The sheer thought of that made me smile and I closed my eyes while I listened to the soft purrs that Cordelia was making.

It was indeed a long night. Thomas never came and by morning Cordelia left. I never fell back asleep so she must've escaped when I wasn't paying attention.

All I know is that I was not looking forward to another day without Thomas.

-

Short gross chapter lol. There's gonna be a lotta short little filler chapters so be prepared.

How do you guys think Delly got in? What about Lillian? Think Thomas will ever come?

Love the lot of you,

~ Mercay