0.28 - Pills & Potions

I headed down to the little seating area and immediately when I stepped inside all eyes were trained on me. I bit my lip and some people continued to watch and stare as I made my way over to a vacant seat.

Others thankfully looked away.

I sat down in the plastic white chair and looked around at everyone. I had no idea what to do, and no one was really making an effort to say anything to me either.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath.

Just relax Lilly. They're just ignorant fucks who you don't need. Stay focused on the target at hand- prove everything's okay and go home and live your life.

I nodded at my self conscious and opened my eyes a bit.

"Holy shit!" To my surprise, a girl was right up in my face staring me down. Well damn, I nearly fell out of my chair!

"What's your name?" She asked and tilted her head.

"Um, Lilly." I mumbled. Only then did I notice a boy standing behind her. He had dyed red hair and dark purple rings around his eyes. I dunno how natural those were but they made him look like a raccoon. He was tall, lanky, and frankly looked like hell.

"Well Um Lilly, I'm Loraine! And this here is Michael." She jabbed her finger at the red headed boy and he gave me a weird look.

Not much of a talker I suppose.

Loraine was tiny and thin, and by the way her arms were about the size of my wrist, and her legs the size of my arm, I figured she was here for an eating disorder.

Michael I have no idea what he was here for.

"Nice to meet you." I murmured and forced a small smile.

"You too! Wanna sit by us at lunch?" She asked and bounced around a little. She was hyper as crap and just her moving around so much gave me a head ache.

"Yeah.. I don't really have anyone else to sit with." I shrugged.

"That's okay! But c'mon! Lunch should be starting soon and the elevator always gets jammed when a ton of people trying to go up!" I nodded a bit and followed behind the two. Loraine was holding Michael's hand although he looked like he was being dragged to hell.

I noticed that Michael had a little beetle in his hand and I internally belched.

"Why're you holding that?" I asked and pointed to it.

He gave me a weird look before looking at the insect.

Oh okaaayyyy.

The three of us stepped into the elevator and Loraine smiled at me. "So why're you here?" She asked.

Oh great. This question.

"Um, they were saying a bunch of bull crap about how my boyfriend wasn't real. I dunno. Wild imagination?" I said and shrugged.

Honestly I didn't know how to explain it myself without making me sound crazy.

"Oh wow. I'm really sorry about that." She frowned and patted my shoulder before smiling again. "I don't like food so my parents sent me here."

I nodded. Anorexia for sure.

"What about you?" I asked Michael.

"The animals speak to me."

Oh. He was stroking the beetle now and the elevator stopped and let us out on the cafeteria floor.

"I wouldn't listen to exactly everything he says. When I first got here he told me he was suicidal but I realized that his explanation changes every day." Oh. I nodded and she continued. "I don't think anyone really knows why he's here besides the staff and Dr.Francis of course."