0.34 - Tea Party

I never quite realized how huge and fancy the backyard was.

There was an outdoor pool with stones lining it and a small patio area with chairs and tables. But in the grass ( which I assumed was usually empty ) there were at least a hundred tables and chairs all over the area. And oddly enough it still didn't look cramps and had room for extra areas.

Family and friends of the various patients started to show up, but there weren't as many as you'd think. The people who knew their family wasn't coming just took a seat at one of the white tables and chatted amount at themselves.

I looked around, biting my bottom lip rather roughly.

I wonder if my mom came. Or James. Or anyone for the matter.

My heart seemed to stop as a certain thought crossed my mind. I wonder if Thomas came to see me.

I hadn't seen him in so long... I hadn't even thought about him at all really. And in all honestly it made me upset.

"Mom! Daddy!" Loraine gasped and sprinted over two a very rich looking couple. The man was tall with brown hair, wearing what looked like his best suit. The lady on the other hand was shorter, but still taller than most women. She was just short compared to Loraine's father.

Loraine ran over and hugged them tightly, smiling and exclaiming how happy she was to see them. Her parents didn't look as happy to see her, but they did pull a small smile for their innocent daughter.

Her mom smiled and patted her shoulder. She had wavy red hair just like Loraine, except hers was thick and at her shoulders while Loraine's hair often fell to her waist.

"It's delightful to see you too darling." Her mother cooed.

Loraine giggled and the twins suddenly gasped. "Snuffles!" They both rushed over and scooped up the tiny orange cat that was lurking behind Loraine's father. They smiled and pet the small feline, making cooing noises at it and treating it like a baby.

"And who might you be?" I looked up and at Loraine's father. His voice was thick with an English accent, and he studied me like I was a science experiment.

"Um, I'm Lilly, sir." I smiled a little but I couldn't hide the fact that he intimidated me.

"And are you friends with our dear Loraine?" He asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Yes sir." He hummed and nodded a bit. He greeted the twins but hardly said a word to Michael.

I hadn't noticed before but Michael was awfully quiet now that I'm thinking about it. Okay I know he usually is quiet but right now he just seemed... Off.

Unhappy maybe.

I shrugged it off and watched as Loraine joined the twins with her little kitty cat. I on the other hand stood beside my quiet tall fellow.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I looked back to see who it was before my body tensed up.

"Mom.."

Her face was so torn, and it looked like she was on the brink of tears. She smiled sadly and pulled me into a hug. "Oh my sweet Lilly... It's been so long since I've seen you. I miss you so much. The twins and I-"

"Twins?" The twins, erm, George and Jordan, looked over when they thought they were being mentioned.

In return, my twins, Connor and Elliot, peeked out behind my mom's legs. They were so quiet I hardly even notice they were there.

George and Jordan moved over and crouched in front of them with a wide grin on their faces.

"Why hello there," George said, holding out his hand to Connor. "I'm George."