0.40 - Toilet Paper Fort

James had offered to give me a ride back to school.

When I was gone, he had saved up enough money and was finally able to get that car he always wanted. It was a small fancy car, black, and has a silver trim around the edges.

"Get in Lilly," he opened the passengers door from me when I left me front door.

"Damn James," I grinned at the sight of him all dressed up next to his new ride. "This is such a chick magnet."

I stepped inside and let out a low whistle. "Leather..." I murmured and ran my fingers across the seats.

"You like it?" He asked.

"Love it."

The drive to school was pretty silent. I didn't mind it, of course, but from the way James was tapping his fingers against the steering wheel I could tell something was on his mind.

"You okay James?"

He bit his lip and smiled a little at me. "Yeah," he said. "I'm just.. I'm just happy you're back Lilly." He smiled at me and his hands finally let go of the steering wheel when he got to a red light.

"I'm happy to be back," I said with a nod.

He chuckled and looked away from me. "I have a feeling you don't mean that."

A small pang of sadness his my chest and I frowned. "I do mean it. James I just want to move on," I finally said.

He gave me a sideways look before nodding his head. His hand reached over and held him tightly. "I'm glad." He smiled a bit at me and let go of my hand to go back to diving when the light turned green.

I smiled a little for his sake and looked back out the window. I don't know if I meant it. I don't want to move on.

I move on from one chapter of my life only to get hooked on another. I hate this sometimes.

"James think we could just skip today? I want to hang out with you."

He frowned and thought it over for a moment before sighing. "Where do you wanna go?"

I smiled a little. "The pizza parlor?"

He laughed and glanced at me. "At 6:30 in the morning?"

I rolled my eyes and my smile grew. "Fine. Just take me to your place then."

"My parents are home Lilly. I'd be dead if they caught me skipping."

I huffed and looked out the window. "Walmart. Just to go to freaking Walmart."

He laughed again and shook his head, but he moved into a different lane and turned on his blinker. "Yes your majesty."

I smiled in triumph and laid my head back. "Thank you frail servant."

"Frail," he scoffed. "Servant? Lilly I'm a buff super hero."

"More like super heroine. Have you seen how noodley your arms have gotten?" I grinned and pinched his bicep. He winced a little and pushed my arm off.

"You're the one who looks like a noodle. Ya know, I wasn't going to tell you but I might as well." He paused and I rose an eyebrow out of curiosity. "I mistook you for a ramen noodle this morning."

I gasped and hit his chest. "Not funny!"

"But it's true!" He laughed and drove a little faster. "You're wearing that awful tan sweatshirt and those light jeans." He shook his head at my light blue high waisted jeans. "Your shoes match your sweatshirt too. And what's that? Some weird logo? Gosh darnet you're hipster too."