0.37 - Gone

It's been one week.

One week since the incident with Loraine, and one week since talking with Dr.Francis.

I could go home soon.

Granted the more I thought about going home, the more I wanted to stay here. My friends never visited here, only my mother and James, and quite frankly as much as I loved seeing them, I liked hanging around with my new friends more.

It wasn't like I was only around them in one or two classes for 90 minutes. Nope. Here I'm surrounded by them. I wake up to hang out with them, I eat every meal with them, and they're the last people I see before going to bed.

Today marks the day of me being here a full month.

It was at first a day, then a week. But now a month living in the asylum and I changed more than I ever thought I would.

I wasn't by any means a different person. I'm not a character in a story book who learned a lesson and changed. I bet that would have been more exciting.

But I'm the type of character to platonically stay the same and not endure in any exciting practices whilst being in an asylum or anywhere for that matter.

I don't know if I want to go home anyways.

What will my friends think about me?

They'll probably either smile and act as if nothing had happened, ask a billion questions, or treat me like I'm a cracked China doll that could shatter in any moment.

And I don't want that.

-

"Good morning Loraine, Michael." I sat down with my tray of breakfast foods, sitting in my normal seat across from them.

"Lilly!" Loraine's cheered. "They gave me strawberry muffins!"

"Strawberry muffins...?" Not gonna lie, I've never heard of those before.

Loraine nodded and thrusted one into my face. "Have a bite, they're delicious!"

Michael smiled fondly at her and held his head in his hand contently. "Uh.." He gave me a smile and nod and that's when I took the muffin and took a gracious bite. Loraine grinned at me and was practically jumping out of her seat as I ate it.

"So what do you think?"

I chewed and swallowed and then smiled. "Actually really really good." She squealed with happiness and then gasped behind me.

"Twins!! Try this!" She grabbed the same muffin and waved it in their faces.

George sat next to me and Jordan on my right, as usual. "No need Loraine," George said.

"We already grabbed some," Jordan finished and both boys picked up a muffin and waved it like she was to show her.

She laughed and nodded, siting back down. "Good! They're absolutely delicious."

I smiled at them and ate my food quietly before someone touched my shoulder.

I turned around with eggs stuffed in my mouth to be greeted by Dr.Francis.

"Good morning Lilly," she said with that same chirp she often had. She looked up and smiled at the rest of my friends. "Michael, Loraine, George, Jordan, I hope you all had a pleasant rest last night."

The twins nodded politely and mumbled a "Yes ma'am," under their breath before looking down at their plates. Michael said nothing, as usual. Loraine on the other hand smiled graciously.

"Of course Dr.Francis, like every other night!" She smiled and Dr.Francis smiled back happily.

"I'm pleased to hear that. But I came for Lilly. Miss.Maxwell I'm afraid I need you in my office."