0.06 - Nocturne Pour Tamaki

The rest of the night was uneventful.

The baby wouldn't stop crying. Multiple times I had to hand it over to my mum so she could calm it down. Which, she did perfectly. Connor and Elliot complained that their food was too cold, only to be scolded when my mum said that's what they got for watching an extra thirty minutes of TV.

Surprisingly, I wasn't that tired. I tried to get some sleep but the dick on the baby's head was bothering me. Slowly, I got out of my bed which I had been laying in for the past hour or so, and tip tied across my carpeted floor. The baby was wrapped up in a one direction blanket, and quiet like a sleeping lamb.

A small snicker left my lips as I grabbed some tan nail polish and put the baby in my lap. Quietly, I started to apply the nail polish to his face on the disturbed area. And soon, voila! The baby was as good as new!

I smiled at my handiwork and jumped right back into bed. I set my watch to capture my sleeping patterns and slowly, very slowly, fluttered to sleep.

~

I groaned and rubbed my eyes as I woke up, a sharp pain stabbing at my chest. My watch was beeping softly, indicating that my heart rate was picking up. Huh? That's not normal.

I check my pulse under my jaw, and sure enough my pulse is beating rapidly. A frown forms on my lips and I sit back, watching my watch as I take several deep breaths.

I looked down and watched as my clock slowly changed from 12:06 to 12:07.

A sigh left my lips and soon my heart rate was back to normal, the stabbing pain in my chest gone. I started to lay my head back on the pillow when I heard three knocks at my window.

Oh shit.

Oh hell no. I just laid down!

I stand quickly, which was a horrible idea. My eyes closed as a raging headache ran through me. Cordelia made it worse as she started to meow and paw at the window.

My eyes slowly opened and looked to the spot she was pawing at and surely enough, there was a boy sitting there with a smile as his bare feet were planted in the dirt of my flower pots.

"Thomas?" I asked and frowned as I opened the window. He quickly came in, getting dirt everywhere. "What the hell? I thought you said you were leaving." I asked and crossed my arms.

Anger slowly started to course through my body, heating it up quickly. I gazed at he tall boy in front of me as he plopped down on my bed. "I missed Delly."

I rolled my eyes as the stupid cat jumped up on his lap and purred to his touch. "If you missed her so much to the point of coming back.. Then why don't you keep her?" I asked.

"Because you need her more then I do." He said. He smiled softly at me, knowingly almost as if he knew I'd need her.

I sighed and sat down next to him as he held the cat. "I doubt that. I'm an independent person you know," I stated proudly. He only laughed.

"Miss Independent?"

I smiled and as if on cue, we both started to sing Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson. Thomas laughed at me and shook his head with a smile.

"You're a horrible singer," he commented, small dimples showing.

I placed a hand to my chest and had a look of mock horror. "I am not! Hell, I sing the song better then Kelly herself!" I erupted in a fit of giggles and sat down in my swirly chair, facing him.

Cordelia was curled up into his lap, and for the first time I noticed her eyes were black rather then the normal greenish color. I subconsciously tilted my head to the side as I watched. Her fur seemed whiter then snow, if that were possible, and she seemed fairly content in his lap.

"Why are you staring at her?" He suddenly asked, looking at me with so much curiosity.

"Oh... I dunno. Sorry." I mumbled.

He gave me an odd look before standing and holding his hand out to me. "Come on, you need some fun in your life."

A frown formed on my slightly chapped lips and stood, crossing my arms rather then taking his bigger hand in mine. "Who are you to say my life isn't fun?"

"You call that," he paused slightly and gestured to the baby doll that had somehow made its way to the floor, "fun?"

I shifted my weight on my feet and looked down at it. "Yeah sure..." I nudged the doll with my foot. "Fun."

Thomas picked the doll up and held it upside down by its foot, waking the baby. It's loud cries filled the room and my face flushed as I tried to shush and rock the damn thing. "Look what you did!" I whisper yelled to him. "You're gonna wake my entire family!"

A scowl made its way to my lips as Thomas laughed. "Here let me see it," he said, holding his arms out.

"No."

"Why not?"

"You'll only make it worse." I said, trying to calm the doll.

Without another word to me, he snatched the doll from my hands and sat on my bed, holding it and patting it's back. It continued to cry though. He frowned and rocked it softly, humming a small tune that sounded fairly familiar.

And a miracle happened. The baby stopped crying.

"What tune is that? It's so familiar." I said and sat next to him.

He started to lean closer as I took the doll from him and he stood, a smile on his lips. "Do you have a piano?"

~

I lead him downstairs, leaving the baby up in my bed. Cordelia took the liberty to follow us, nuzzling against my leg as she trailed next to me. Down stairs near the living room, was a room closed off by two big double doors. My house was very modern, a model home. But many parts of it was ancient and unique to the rest.

I had begged my mom for my own room where I could study when we first bought the house, so she transformed the office room into a library. And what's right in the middle of it? A shiny, black grand piano.

As I opened the doors, a smile lit up my face when I saw all the books lining the walls, and the two comfy chairs near the window on the farthest wall. There was the piano, shining bright in its glory smack in the center. It sat upon as old red and tan rug, that covered the dark cherry wood. There were spare tables and knickknacks everywhere. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling right above the piano. I flickered on the lights, only to have Thomas to tell me to shut them off. "It's prettier with the natural lights."

I gave him a confused look as he gestured to the large window behind the chairs. There was almost a blue light shining in, making all the brown and cherry colored things have a new found glow to them.

I smiled, appreciating the beauty of the nights lights shining through.

I watched as Thomas crossed the ways and sat on the bench to the piano. He smiled as his fingers grazed the keys slightly. I walked over and sat in one of the chairs as it faced him, and sat back. Ready to listen.

His started to play a soft melody, that had a certain beauty to it. I melted in my seat as my eyes closed and my mind drained away to the notes of the song. My eyes slowly opened and I watched him.

His muscles moved under the shirt he was wearing as he played exquisitely. My eyes slowly closed again and we sat there. Him playing the piano, and me, slowly drifting to sleep with the soft tune drifting through my ears.

~

D'aww! Now wasn't that nice? The you tube videos usually don't play but if you look up 'Nocturne Pour Tamaki' and click the one that I show, that's the song! It's my favorite on the piano and I seriously recommend you listen to it for that last section of the story.

Also thank you all so much for over 140 views!!! This means so much to me you don't even know!

Vote
Comment
Subscribe!

~ Mercay