0.12 - The First

Thomas took me out through the back door, and the pre-winter winds rushed out at us. Leaves brushed along my feet as they danced with the wind, turning them into a blur of autumn colors.

As he pushed me down the side walk, I noticed how beautiful everything seemed to be. The sky was painted a piercing black, adorned with stars that shines bright like diamonds. It's weird, to me, how something so dark and menacing can be lifted by a few small sparks of light.

"Enjoying the view?" Thomas asked and smiled, as we veered our way towards the park.

"Yeah.." I said and smiled. I turned my head a bit to get a good look at him. The street lights illuminated his face perfectly, and the wind made his clothes stick and move against his body. He was, very beautiful, I admit that.

"Of me?" He chuckled out. I flushed and turned my head, muttering a no.

He shook his head and smirked. "I bet you did."

"Did not," I retorted.

"Did so. You were looking at me." He grinned down at me triumphantly and I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms in the process.

"What a way to ruin a moment," I said and glanced up at him. He just laughed and continued to push the wheelchair through the park.

"Whatever you say sweetheart, but I doubt the mood is ruined." He smiled down at me, almost in a charming way before looking ahead. He pushed me over to a park bench and helped me sit in it rather then the wheelchair. I had protested, saying that my chair was fine, but he insisted that I sat next to him.

"So what's it like," he asked, "to not be able to fall asleep?"

I paused and looked at nothing in particular. "It sucks. I have to put on loads of makeup to get rid of the bags under my eyes. Sometimes I get an hour or two of sleep, sometimes I sleep the night away, and sometimes I'll stay up an entire night."

"So you don't have the worse case of it then, right?"

"Yeah. I have a minor case of it. People who have it bad go days and days without sleep. I can get a few hours if I really tried."

He nodded and sat back on the bench, that I might add, was wet. "It's so beautiful outside," I commented.

"Not as beautiful as you," he gave me a smile and immediately I felt the blood rush to my cheeks in an embarrassing blush.

"That was so cheeky," I giggled out.

"Oh, cheeky, yeah?" He grinned and gave out a big, fake yawn before laying him around across my shoulders. "That cheeky enough for you?"

I laughed and nodded my head, shifting and letting his arm fall back into his lap. He gave me a weird look that I couldn't place an emotion towards. But none the less, he sat back once again without managing to touch me anymore.

"So why are you always up?" I asked. "Don't you need to sleep too?"

"Since I ran from home, I've made it a habit to sleep during the day at a hotel I'm staying at, and then I'm up and doing things at night." He shrugged and started to bounce his leg a bit. "It's not really important. I prefer it this way."

"What way?" I asked.

"Being alone. Not having to worry about running into my parents."

I snorted a bit in amusement, smirking as I glanced over at him. "What if they're party animals in disguise?"

He laughed and grinned back at me. "Then I'd have to go to a teens club. Maybe I'll even take you with me. Fake ID's, drinking, sweaty bodies grininding against one another." He paused for a second before looking at me quite seriously. "Maybe we'll even get a matching tattoo."

"Of course you'd enjoy that," I said and slap his arm playfully. "But that's not my forte."

"The tattoos? Aw it won't be so bad Maxwell. I promise it'll be some awesome art because believe it or not I know some people. She goes by the name of Thorp. A small curvy girl, but she can draw."

I shook my head and giggled. "No, I meant the dancing."

"You don like people touching you?" He asked.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. What kind of a question was that? Yeah I don't like people touching me if its like a molester! But if I had a boyfriend... Well, that'd be different.

"No," I said. "I just can't dance."

"I could teach you." I stared at him in disbelief.

"I'm a cripple."

"You're beautiful and wonderful and I'm gonna make you dance." He gunned bad stood up, grabbing my hands and pulling me to my feet. I hissed in pain and leaned against him for support. It felt like I was stepping on tiny needles, gosling up mini flakes that spurted up my leg. Dammit it hurt worse then period cramps.

My eyes screwed shut and I shook my head, holding onto Thomas for dear life.

"Ignore it..." He whispered into my ear. "Just relax and look at me." And I did. I relaxed and bit my lip to keep from crying out in pain as I pushed the thoughts away and looked at him. His emerald green eyes sparkled against the lights above us from the lamp post.

He smiled a bit and wrapped his arms around my waist, ending me on to go and wrap my hands around his neck. He smiled and watched me as he started to sway and move us. Before I knew it, we were dancing, and my leg no longer bothered me.

"How- what-" he stopped me mid sentence.

"Don't over think it," he said. "Please. Just enjoy this."

I looked up at him and nodded softly before smiling. And I relaxed and did exactly what he told me to do. Enjoyed it.

~

Hello my lovelies~

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THIS MENAS SO MUCH TO ME YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!

My new goal~

2K reads
200+ votes
200+ comments.

Sorry this took forever but I've been really busy and I do put more heart and effort into these then my other two stories. I'm trying to upload this every Friday now so hopefully I can make that happen!

QOTC: Do any of you guys have a Valentine's?

AOTC: Nope. Nada. Zip.

Please comment and vote!! You guys have no idea how much it means to me to see comments and votes and people who enjoy my story.

So...

Vote!
Comment!
Subscribe!

~ Mercay