0.42 - Christmas

Christmas music blasted throughout the house. The tree was getting the final ornaments put on it, our stockings were hung at the fire place, and a huge meal was prepared for everyone.

Every year we held a big Christmas dinner. There, our closest family and friends would come over and we'd all enjoy Christmas Eve together. Only when the clock hit midnight did people leave.

I only invited James this year. He usually comes, but that's because he used to be my only friend. Now, I invited him because he was not only my best friend, but my boyfriend. Actually, our one month passed just three days ago.

As time went on I got better. The doctors gave me new medicine that helped me sleep like a baby. The bags that were under my eyes were gone, my hair was lined and healthier, and I was just an overall happier person.

I pulled on my Christmas jumper and brushed through my hair. I decided to curl it for tonight, and add on a little bit more makeup than usual. That's one other thing I had gotten into the habit of. Makeup.

Some days it was just eyeliner and mascara, and other days it was a full face with eyeshadow, my eyes completely done, and a nude lip. Austin comes over all the time and helps me.

Once my hair and makeup were done, I headed back downstairs and smiled at the scene. The twins were finishing up the tree and my mom was setting the table. The lights were dimmed a bit and the fireplace was actually on and working.

"My Christmas Eve," I said to them, walking over and crouching down near the boys.

They both smiled up at me and I peered past them to see what they were putting on the tree. I frowned a bit and reached out to grab their homemade ornament. "What's this?" I asked, forcing a small, gentle smile.

"That's the other twins," Conner said and smiled at me. They must have not sensed my discomfort and honestly I was really grateful about that.

"Other twins?" I asked warily.

"Yeah!" Elliot said. "George and Jordan!" My heart caught in my throats and I saw they had drawn them in their fancy suits from Visitors Day. I smiled softly and took the ornament.

"I think we should keep this off the big tree."

Connor frowned and reached up to grab it back but I stood up and moved away. "Lilly you can't do that!" He pouted.

"I'm gonna put it on your baby tree in your room okay?" I said. The twins seed a look and sighed, turning away and putting on the rest of the ornaments. I frowned a bit but headed to my room.

They didn't need this and neither did I. I don't want to remember those times. I loved those guys, I really did, but I'm happy now.

I don't need it in my life anymore.

-

Christmas dinner was amazing. The twins perked up with out other little cousin came and they all hung out and zoomed around the house. "Merry Christmas," James said when he had come.

I kissed his cheek and smiled up at him gleefully. "Merry Christmas," I had said back.

He had hugged me and gave me my gift. I put his with all the others, under the tree. All the presents under the tree tonight were to and from all the guests that came, and were meant to open the night before.

Now, we were all trying to squish in the last bit of pie that my mom had made.

"It's delicious Jamie," my uncle said after finishing his second slice.

"Thank you Pete," my mom replied kindly. It was an apple pie, and like every year, it was delicious.

"Time to open presents!" Conner yelled, tugging on both my mom's hand and mine.

I grinned and looked up at James.

"Bet my present is better than yours," I challenged him.

He rolled his eyes and grinned down at me. "Yeah right short stuff. You'll love my present."

We all gathered around the fire and everyone squished onto the couch and the chairs, and some people even chose to sit on the floor. At the sat the end of the couch next to James, smiling at him and resting my head against his shoulder.

"I wanna open one first!" Conner exclaimed and grinned at all of us. My mom urged him on and both the twins got to open their presents.

This was like a secret Santa sort of thing, so everyone got one or two presents, but you knew who they were from. James and I always picked each other during the holidays.

"This one is for you James," Elliot smiled and pulled out the present I got for him. It was nicely wrapped in red, white and green striped wrapping paper, with a little green bow on the top corner.

"Thanks Elliot," James smiled and took the present. He jokingly shook the present before grinning and opening it.

"Oh my gosh..." he looked at it with wide eyes and hollered and hooted with laughter. "You're such a dork..."

He shook his head, his face red from laughing so much as he pulled out an ugly Christmas sweater with both of our faces on it.

I grinned triumphantly and leaned close to him. "It's almost as hideous as you~" I cooed before kissing his cheek.

He rolled his eyes and pushed me off him a bit so he could slide the sweater over top his other ugly Christmas sweater.

The one I made for him had Pom Poms sewed on and little frilly lace on the collar. I ironed on a picture of us making an ugly face, and I also ironed on some Christmas decorations like hats and stuff. The original sweater was abnormal patterned sweater that was a pretty nasty green and red color. And to top it off, I had added in some lights to make him sparkle.

It honestly was the best thing I've ever made.

"You're so weird," he said and shook his head, turning on the lights so the sweater lit up.

"That's gonna blind me!" Conner screamed and fell back dramatically.

We all laughed at how he was acting and we continued to open presents. My mom got a new cook book and the twins got new games for the play station. Finally it was my turn.

"Merry Christmas Lilly," James said with a smile as he passed me my gift. It was a decent sized box and the wrapping paper was silver with blue dots.

I gave him a weird look and started to unwrap it. There was a cardboard box now and it looked like he had bought it off amazon.

My mom handed me some scissors and I ripped apart the tape to get to the good stuff.

"James... holy guacamole you didn't!"

Remember how I said I was getting back into makeup? Well James had gotten me makeup brushes. But here the catch. The part that you hold were carved and crafted to look like Harry Potter wands.

I grinned and hugged him tightly, laughing happily. "This is amazing!"

"Wait till you read the card." He said and gestured to a small envelope in the box.

I moved away and opened the envelope, taking out the card and reading it aloud.

"Merry Christmas babe. I hope your Christmas is as magical as Harry's would be. And just to make sure, I got you several wands invade you break a few at first. I love you with all my heart and I always will. Always. Love, James." I smiled and hugged him once more, hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

"I love you James," I whispered.

"I love you too Lilly."

-

Merry Christmas you ho ho hoes!!!! I hope everyone is having a very festive season and gets everything they asked for.

Three more chapters and Incoherent is over!

And all of you who miss Thomas will both love and hate me the very last chapter lmaoooo

Merry Christmas xx

Love,
Mercay