0.07 - Mistake

I woke up the next morning in my own bed. I must have fallen asleep, and Thomas must have taken me to bed. The only thing that remains in my head from the night before, is the tune he played on the piano.

~

Ryder sat beside me as I scribbled on a slightly crumbled sheet of paper. I hadn't spoken to him all morning and soon, passed him the note I was writing. He stopped fiddling with Jack's diaper as he started to read the letter.

To Ryder:

Good morning! How are you today? I painted on Jack's head last night. It was awful. I really hope you take the damn doll this time. I'm tired of taking care of it by myself. I'm not a single lady you know. Anyways you to let you know...

YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE

Love, Lilly

I had also added a cute little kitten and a note to the side about the gel pen I used for the asshole part.

He looked up and his eyebrows raised in amusement. "What's this? Finally admitting your love to me?" He coped and tripled a strand of my hair on his finger.

I scoffed and my smirk immediately faded. My arms crossed and I sat back in those hard plastic green chairs they give us. "No. I specifically called you an asshole. In a colorful pen. Where does that say I like you?!"

"It's in pink."

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Plus you drew a cat. And said good morning. Not just morning, good morning," he stated. "And, to top that off you asked about my personal feelings. That's obviously some affection there."

"Or just you being delusional." I muttered, turning my head. Out of no where Jack started to wail and cry, his cries making everyone else's baby cry.

Groans and growls of hatred towards us erupted in the class. But beside me, Ryder was about to burst into laughter. He nudged me against my ribs, making me squirm and smirk. Everyone was cradling and rocking their baby. Unlike us, who were soon laughing our asses off.

"You're an ass!" I squealed as another round of giggles left my lips.

He ginned at me and crossed his arms over his broad chest. "Ha I know right?"

I rolled my eyes and giggled softly before finally taking Jack into my arms. Without even thinking about it I started to rock and hum the song Thomas played for me, a smile immediately plastering on my face. Even the mere thought of that boy made me smile. But why is that?

Why does he make me smile during the day, but frown at night when he's around me? He's just another arrogant boy.. Right? He's just a guy who believes he is the greatest thing that ever exist on Earth when the reality is he has mental issues relating to his ego. Yes, it's settled then. He's an arrogant twat just like the boy sitting next to me, trying to balance back on his chair instead of sitting properly.

"Would you sit down correctly?" I asked, my eyebrows knitting together in frustration. "You'll hurt yourself."

"No I won't. I do this all the time."

"Then you'll get in trouble."

"No, I won't," he said as his head turned to gaze at me. "Like I said, I do this all the time."

I scoffed at his confidence in the juvenal area. He was a magnet to getting in trouble.

Class dragged on and we did different things with our babies. And learned more and more about how to care for them. We'd be taking a test on Friday about what we knew so far. I was ready to take this test. The only thing she needs to know is that I'm fucking tired of having this baby.

The bell soon rang and Ryder and I left. Lunch was next. He held the baby in his arms, and surprisingly Jack didn't cry. Maybe he just doesn't like me. Then again, no one really likes me.

"So where do you sit for lunch?" I asked Ryder.

"With my friends. So I'll need you to take Jack." He paused and tried to pass over the baby when I stopped him.

"There's no need. Because I'm sitting with you," I confirmed.

"No. No you're not."

"Yeah I am," I said and smirked. He groaned and rolled his eyes as he kept Jack in his arms.

My smirk only grew as he didn't refuse after that.

~

I never realized how cruel people could be. I sat next to Ryder, immediately making his friend angry I took his seat. I didn't bother to remember their names, and they didn't bother with mine.

"Who's the fag you brought?"

"She stinks!"

"She's so fucking ugly bro," they all whispered to each other or asked Ryder. He just tried to laugh it off and tell them I'm cool. They didn't believe him.

"It was a mistake bringing her," one boy muttered. I hadn't said shit the entire time but my facial expression was enough to get them talking.

"More like she's the mistake." Another boy muttered, Dylan, I think his name was.

"And look at her, she's flat," his friend chuckled out. Sean. "No, actually take out the L and that'll deceive her perfectly," he muttered right after. They, and everyone around them erupted in laughter. I even saw Ryder bite back a couple chuckles.

"Yeah you're right she is a mistake. Hey.. Hey up you know what a mistake is right?" Sean asked looking at me with a smirk. "A mistake is sombody who was born by accident, often reffered to as 'the broken condom' or 'the one night stand.' That's your new nickname." He said. His friends laughed and continued to make jokes.

Tears brimmed in my eyes and do you want to know what the worst part was? I didn't do anything. Maybe it's my skinny and almost boyish figure or maybe it's because they all just think I'd be a prostitute when I grow up. I stood abruptly and looked down, my hair falling in my face.

"I-I'll take Jack..." Shit. I stuttered. "You don't have to worry about him.. I've got it.." He looked at me, and I don't know if he saw the tears collecting in my eyes or what, but he didn't say anything.

He passed me Jack, and nodded. "See ya...." He said something after that, but I had already left.

~

Kinda shitty and it wasn't originally supposed to end like that but I have a plan now. Plus I haven't been feeling too happy lately.

QOTC ( question of the chapter ):
What do you guys this Ryder said?

Comment!
Vote!
Subscribe!

~ Mercay