0.25 - Balloons

"Hey sweetie.. How're you feeling?" My mom asked, rubbing my shoulder and smiling at me.

"I'm fine.."

The doctor had injected something inside of me to calm down my heart. Apparently it was enduring mini spurts and attacks to keep blood flowing in my body. The odd thing is, is that I felt fine the entire time.

Now, however, I just feel tired and my body is aching.

"Well that's good... I have some food for you.. You need to eat.." I nodded meekly and had some of the bread. All the hospital gave me was soup, bread, a bottle of water and a side of corn. If I was up for a dessert I could have a small slice of chocolate cake.

But in all honestly I was hardly feeling the bread and soup.

"Your friends are gonna come over to see you." I look up at her, slightly alarmed.

"Which ones?"

"I know James is coming for sure. And I think he was bringing the two who slept over and then another boy. Ryan, Ricky-"

"Ryder." I corrected.

"Oh, yes, him." She smiled a bit and nodded.

"When are they coming over?"

"They should be here in about an hour or so. The doctor said only two to three people can see you at a time, so I dunno how they're going to split it up but however they choose they an spend as long as they want in here. I won't take away any time and I'll let you see them and-"

"Mom, please," she stopped rambling and I offered her a slight smile. "It's all good, thanks."

I bit my lip and she seemed content with what I said. I ate a little bit more and soon finished the soup to her pleasure.

Though a question wouldn't stop running through my head.

"Mom.." She hummed and smiled at me, rubbing my knee a bit. "Is.. Do you think Thomas will visit me?"

Her hand stilled and stiffened, and she sighed.

"Lilly..."

"Mom please, just answer me.."

She frowned and shook her head, taking her hand off of me. "I don't know what more I can do for you Lilly.. I really don't..." She sighed and gave me a weird look, making me want to stop eating completely. "Thomas isn't going to come. He's never going to come again Lilly." Her voice was soft yet her words stabbed into my heart like knives.

I shook my head and closed my eyes. "No mom... He's going to come... It's just a matter of time-"

"Lillian Mora he is not real!" She yelled, suddenly frustrated.

My breath caught in my throat at that. Tears prickled my eyes and I bit my bottom lip. "H-How.. How could you say that...?" I whispered.

She soon realized her mistake and shook her head. "Lilly I'm sor-"

"No! Just leave! Get out!" I shouted at her. The monitor beside me started to beep faster but at this point I couldn't give a damn. "I don't want to see you anymore!"

She pursed her lips and to my surprise, she just left. Didn't say anything more, no I'm sorry, or I love you, or you're crazy, she just.... left.

-

"Knock knock," I look up and smile a little bit when Xavier, Austin, and Ryder start to like in the room.

"Hey.." My voice was still small and hoarse, especially after yelling at my mom.