0.22 - Liar

"Do you think he's real James?" I asked.

He shrugged and held me close under his arm. "If you say he's real.. Then I guess he is. You've never lied to me before and I doubt you'd lie to me now."

We both ditched school after the episode with the guidance counselor. Now, we're both sitting under a grand tree drinking what's left of a water bottle James bought from lunch.

"Thanks.. And I'm sorry we haven't been as close as we used to." He shook his head and smiled at me.

"Don't worry about it Lilly. You're here with me now and that's all that matters. I don't like oh running off with other guys."

He pouted a bit and I giggled softly. He smiled and looked down at me while I loses my eyes.

"It's nice and cool here... No one to bother us, a nice breeze... Gosh James, I wish we could stay here forever..." My voice grew soft and quiet, and he pushed a stray hair behind my ears.

"You're so beautiful Lilly..."

My eyes opened and I looked up at him. I grew quiet and my head started to spin a bit. I liked Thomas... I didn't like James like I liked Thomas. I didn't...

"James..." I said softly. He caresses my cheek and brushed his thumb against my lips. "James stop... Please.."

He frowned and sighed softly, hesitating before drawing his hand back. "Why is he so special Lilly? What makes him so amazing and wonderful?" He asked.

I was a bit taken a back at his sudden outburst of questions. I sat back against the tree and looked at my feet, shrugging softly.

"He's just.. Different James. He's not like any guy that I've met before..." I frowned a bit before continuing. "He's nice and sweet... And he's never gotten mad at me. He jokes around a lot and he's just really nice. He's good looking too."

James tensed up beside me and I knew I was hitting a nerve. I stopped talking and shook my head, closing my eyes once more.

"But for once James, I don't want to talk about him. I'm so confused right now that I jut don't want to talk about him.... Not until he answers my questions."

I frowned softly and sighed a bit. I needed help. No, I needed Thomas. Once my questions were answered and he finally told me the truth, I could be at peace. I could finally live and be happy even if he didn't want to talk to me anymore.

Even if it wasn't real.

Even if he wasn't real.

"You might not be talking about him but he's all yours thinking about."

I shook my head and laughed softly. "Yeah.. I guess you're right."

"What are you thinking about then?"

I paused a bit, wondering if I should tell him. But when he gave me a look to continue, I knew I didn't really have a choice.

"It's just... In the end, if he's real or if he's.. Not, one thing that I'm positive about, is that I know my love for him wasn't anything but real."

-

Coming home was a down right disaster. James walked me home and hugged me good bye at the door. But neither of us knew that my mum happened to be watching.

"So you screw one boy and now you're already getting close to James? What are you going to screw him too Lillian?!" I winced hearing her harsh words in my ear the minute I step inside the house.

"No mum... Please just listen to what I have to say."

"Lillian I'm tired of this! To hell if I'm going to listen to you! Lillian you're still in HighSchool, you're not old enough to go about and sleep with people!! Who is this Thomas boy anyways? He comes at night, huh? You've been feeding him and leaving the house?"

I grew quiet and looked down. "Mum.. Please just listen to me. I really like Thomas-"

"Bullshit Lillian. From the sound of its al be recent. Recent. As in you slept with a guy you've only known for a few weeks. Maybe a month or two at most. You know who does stuff like that? Sluts and whores!"

"Mum please just stop-"

"Lillian I swear to god if I have to send you to an all girls school across the world I will! And don't you dare test me on that because there's a perfect reform school in London just screaming out your name-"

"Mum would you please just shut up!"

She glared at me but shut her mouth when I yelled at her. Yes, I yelled. No, I'm not sorry.

"You need to listen to me! I'm you're daughter and I know I shouldn't have done what I did it you know what? I'm not sorry about it because I love him mum. I love him."

She frowned at me and shook her head. "Enough with this. Time to address the next topic."

"Which is?"

She frowned at my attitude and frowned deeper before speaking. "Why are you lying to me?"

"What? Mum I'm not lying."

"Where are you meeting Thomas?"

"I told you- he comes at night. He'll come through the window or he'll knock on the door. You haven't heard the door bells?"

"Lillian you've been asleep in your bed and not once have you left this house."

I frowned and shook my head, now in confusion. Was she testing me? She was obviously joking, of course.

"When Xavier and Austin slept over I left with Thomas. I even turned up the tv and no one woke up. You must have slept through all of it."

Concern flashed her features and I looked at her. She grew silent for once this entire conversation.

"What's wrong? What's the matter?" My voice grew shaky and I shifted in my stance a bit. "Mum tell me what's wrong..."

"Lillian... All night you were asleep. I had to turn the tv off but... You were asleep the entire night."

I shook my head laughed bitterly.

"You and everyone else... He's real okay? I left, I went to the movies, we kissed and we fucked!"

I laughed a little and my mom grew quiet. "You're just talking nonsense. I'm not a liar, I'm telling the truth. He was here and he's real and everyone is trying to tell me other wise!"

I'm pretty sure I looked crazy. I felt crazy. Hell I was laughing like a crazy person.

"I'm not a liar... I'm not lying..."

"Honey.. Please calm down..." She gently touched my arm and I pushed her away and back, shaking my head.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Just stop and leave me alone!"

She frowned at me and nodded softly. She had a weird look in her eyes before moving away and walking to the kitchen.

I sighed and heaved a little, my chest rising and falling due to how heavy my breaths were. I closed my eyes and leaned up against the door as I tried to compose myself.

I'm not a liar... He's real.

He has to be.

~

Shit kinda went down lmao.

Next chapter is gonna be the biggest chapter yet in my opinion. Explains all AND you find out whether Thomas is really real or not.

So have fun and read on~

BUT BEFORE YOU SHOULD TOTES COMMENT NOW WHAT YOU THINK IS GOING ON CAUSE I BET YALL ARENT READY FOR WHATS NEXT HAHAHAH

~ Mercay