0.31 - Therapy

The next few days were the same.

Thomas was a no-show, but Cordelia would come to lay in my lap. Michael, Loraine and the twins were always great supporters. I'd tell them that Cordelia would come and snuggle with me and then they'd joke around about me liking pussy.

I swear, can a girl not get a break?

But today was Monday, which officially marked the start of a new week. And do you know what else that means? I would be stuck in tutoring for an hour with Dr.Francis.

"So when does she have you scheduled?" Loraine asked.

"After lunch."

"Well at least you won't be that grouchy!" She smiled at me joyfully and I mentally groaned. She's nice and all but a little too cheery at times.

We were all sitting in the lounge area, me lodged between the twins on a couch far too small to fit three people, and then Loraine was seated on the floor between Michael's legs ( who was sitting comfortably in an arm chair ).

"Don't worry kiddo," George said, ruffling my hair. "They're not at all as bad as you think.

"Yeah," added Jordan. "I mean, what's the worst that could happen?"

I suppose they were right.

What's the worst that could happen?

-

Walking down the halls was different alone. I realized how many different doors there were leading to different rooms and people. There was a nutritional office and one for physiotherapy. The walls were all white with white trim and wooden lament floors. I couldn't say I was impressed by the constant design throughout the facility, but I was glad that it wasn't rotting and dark.

After a whole of roaming around I finally found Dr.Francis' room. I knocked on the wooden door twice before a muffled, "Come in," was heard on the other side. I opened the door rather meekly and looked at Dr.Francis.

She was sitting behind her desk which looked fairly similar from the one at the hospital. "You're right on time Lilly. Please, take a seat."
The chairs were lime green and light grey. They looked really comfy, and when I sat down I found out my butt sinks in like three inches. This was one good chair for sure.

I always preferred a nice good chair than a couch. Chairs were like the cousin of the couch, but in a nice fun size package.

Dr.Francis was silent for a good while, just flipping through papers and not even looking at me. Her hair was pulled up into a bun today and her face looked even more pinched than usual.

She wore a floral lavender top with long grey bottoms. I couldn't exactly see her footwear but I mean they had to be heels. With a fancy silk top like that you had to wear white pumps or something.

The walls were white. The cieling was white. And the floor, well that was the same cherry stained wood.

Now that I'm looking about it, the ceiling is like bumpy. Like those pop corn ceilings. When I was little we had a low ceiling that was shaped like a roof so I was able to climb on chairs and pick it off.

I think I remember actually eating some of those. The name is extremely misleading if you ask me. In no way did that taste like popcorn at all.

But now that I'm thinking about it, isn't white a street name for cocaine? It had to be. Because it's just so common.

"Well thank you for coming Lilly. Sorry I just had to sort away my last few documents." She stuffed those into a drawer before I could even think to glance over to see what she was talking about. Her desk was clean and littered with nothing but an array of colorful pens, and one of those birds that bob it's head to get the red dye.  And there was a single picture frame but I failed to be able to see who was in it.