0.43 - Lost Memory

Be careful who you make your
memories with.

. . .

The memories within her mind...

I couldn't sleep very well. Sometime through the night I had switched from listening to music and watching YouTube to reading a book.

"Doing some late night reading?" I looked up and smiled softly when I saw Thomas perched at my window sill. A gust of cold wind came into my room and I visibly shivered.

"Shut that window. I'm freezing over here."

He hopped off and shut it tightly. "So whacha reading?"

I lifted the book and showed him the cover. "The Phantom Tollbooth." He said. Thomas sat on the end of my bed and crawled over so he was next to me. "I've never read it before."

"It's a classic really," I said.

"Ya know what's really a classic?" He grinned and just as soon as he got comfortable next to me, he had hopped up and went to my book shelf. "This."

He tossed a book onto my bed and I frowned. "Wuthering Heights?" I questioned. I laughed a bit and set down The Phantom Tollbooth and picked up the new book. "Thomas I don't even think I own this."

"Oh but you do. You see every young lady who enjoys classics owns Wuthering Heights."

He sat back down and got comfortable next to me. "Go on, read it to me."

Was he serious?

I laughed and shook my head, pushing the novel towards him. "Don't tell me what to do Thomas." He flashed a cheeky grin at me and shrugged.

"Fine, I'll read it to you then." He took the book and opened it up to the first page. "Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. Chapter one."

The rest of the night we sat there in my bed. My head on his shoulder with my eye lids heavy, and him reading the classic to me in a soft voice.

It's almost as if he did want me to fall asleep there with him.

And I did.

. . .

"You're so slow! Hurry up Lillian!" Thomas was a good while ahead of me.

Look it's not my fault I suck at running! Plus I haven't done this since 10th grade! Granted that was only around two or three years ago, but when you haven't really done any physical activity since then, it's gonna be rough.

"Luckily for you, it's just around the corner." Thomas slowed down back to me and smiled softly.

"Where are we going again?" I asked, slightly out of breath.

He laughed and slung an arm around my shoulders, kissing my forehead. "Going to get ice cream. I'm hungry and you don't have any." He smiled at me and we came to an ice cream parlor. The world was so beautiful and lit up at night, I wondered how many times I had missed this while asleep.

We headed inside the little shop, and a young lady was mopping the floors. When the bell rung, she looked up at us and brushed a strand of hair away from her face. "Oh, I'm sorry, we were just closing u-"

"Nonsense," an older lady, whom was probably in her late 50's or early 60's, came out from a back room. "We should never pass up the opportunity to make money."

I coughed a little bit in surprise. Well fuck isn't she straight forward!

Thomas laughed and smiled at her kindly. "In that case, we'll have triple scoops."

"Thomas," I hissed and gave him a funny look. "I only brought a five."

"And I have twenty."

I frowned and followed behind him as he lead me to the various flavors. "I'll have two scoops of coffeehouse and one scoop of vanilla please," I said with a small smile.

"I'll have just the Moose Tracks." The lady grinned at us and gave us three generous scoops of the ice cream of our choice.

"Thanks, and come again! Bring more friends next time!" She yelled out after us. Thomas and I laughed and headed outside.

"I wish I had a role model like her in my life." Thomas mused, sighing in content.

We sat down at a park bench and ate our ice cream. "Maybe she'll adopt you, you never know."

He laughed again and shook his head. "Oh yeah, busting table and listening to her babble on and on about money; it's the dream." He winked at me and smirked before taking more bites of his ice cream.

I cuddled closer to him and scooped up some of the vanilla on my finger before smearing it on his upper lip.

Thomas paused and I bit my lip to hold in my giggles. "You bust tables and I'll be your hair dresser."

He licked his upper lip and grinned at me. "Oh yeah short stuff?"

I frowned and was about to say something, but suddenly a whole bunch of chocolatey, sticky mess was in my mouth. "Thomas!" I screeched, watching the ice cream drop down my chin and onto my sweat pants.

He laughed and leaned in to lick the ice cream off my chin. I blushed and pushed him away almost immediately. "Don't lick me, that's weird."

He grinned and leaned in again. "Don't lie Lillian! You loved it!"

We laughed and the rest of the night was filled with me trying to get the ice cream out of my hair, and him trying to get coffeehouse ice cream out of his nose.

. . .

The reality she's forced to live with...

I woke up in a blazing hot sweat. My head was pounding and tears trailed down my cheeks. Thomas. I hadn't.. I hadn't thought of him in ages.

I was dreaming.

It wasn't real.

Those were just... they were just... memories.

-

Sorry loves! This is one day late but I was a bit busy. I have the next chapter up and ready so get ready for the New Years chapter!

So a day late but double update? Doesn't seem too bad, right?

Also... THANKS FOR 7.01K!!!! You guys have no idea how much it means to me!! This honestly made my 2016 and not to mention, the lovey Kelly Webb on Wattpad ( who wrote one of my all time favorite books ) FOLLOWED ME!!!!!!!

LIKE IM SCREAMING RIGHT NOW OMG

Anywayyssssss hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! The parts with Thomas were memories that she dreamt about so they didn't actually happen in this time and place.

All the love,

Mercay