0.21 - I'm Fine

~ Austin's POV ~

"What the hell happened to her?" Xav asked. I shrugged and pulled my hair up into a pony tail. Damn elastics always snap with how thick my hair is.

"Look, she seems like an awesome girl but have you ever thought that maybe she has like, mental issues or something?"

"Waddya mean?"

"What I mean is, is that maybe with all her sleep stuff she starts to go a bit off in the head." I tapped Xavier's temple and gave him a knowing look.

After Lilly kicked us out, we went back to my house to relax. We were cuddled up on the couch with a hot chocolate in hand, just thinking over what could possibly be wrong with Lilly.

"Yeah I guess... Maybe it's trauma. Like she had some crazy stuff happen in her past and she's trying to cope."

"But with a boy who she said she slept with? Xav you know as well as I do that he's not real. James and Ryder know too. He's not real." I sighed and shook my head. "After what she told us about the movie theater you had to have known it all wasn't real."

He grew quiet before nodding a bit. "Yeah... I know."

I sipped the warm drink in my hands and clasped my eyes for a moment. We had to do something, but being we're not that close to her, I don't know what we should do.

"Do you think.." Xavier looked at me with a worried expression. "Do you think she'd get mad at us for telling someone?"

Yes, she'd be furious. "Like who?"

"Like the guidance counselor, her mom, a doctor, I dunno. It's just concerning.."

I nodded and bit and gripped the coffee cup a bit more. "I think the guidance counselor might be the best option. She could tell her mom if she thinks it's a bigger deal."

He nodded and held out his pinky. "Pinky promise you won't tell anyone we're doing this?"

I smirked and wrapped my pinky around his. "Yeah.. I promise."

-

~ Lillian's POV ~

Going to school on Monday wasn't the easiest thing to do. I ignored James this morning and for a good portion of the day I ignored Ryder too. I hadn't even seen Xavier and Austin, and I needed to apologize from how I acted.

It wasn't cool what I did but they just made me so angry.

This entire situation made me angry.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes before heading to my next class.

"Lilly? The guidance needs you in her office." My teacher stopped me just as soon as I got in.

When people go to guidance it's either because they're in trouble, need academic help, or have some mental or physical issues. But you have the occasional perfect child who only goes into receive awards.

Back in Freshman year there was a girl who had to go in for self harming. Every lunch period she would go in and have lunch with our guidance counselor and they would talk about her feelings. It got so intense that she ended up switching schools because she hated the school system.

I don't blame her. They think they know what's wrong with you, and they think they know what's best for you, but they don't. They don't and it's not fair to be trapped in a room with an "understanding" adult when really you just want to be by yourself.

I nodded stiffly towards my teach and got him to sign my planner. The halls went from being really busy and noisy, to quiet and empty with the occasional straggler or couple skipping class.