A traditional story

This one's for the all of you, who made it through the last part. And for the ones who didn't, too ;) Because you deserve this update, and because I felt bad for posting a freaking long and boring piece of text with no real purpose.

>>>---------->

{This story isn't mine! Someone send it to me, so I know it's from tumblr but I don't know who specifically. If you do know it, please tell me so I can give them credit :)}

Bedridden with a cold, Cassandra pouts and complains as her father sits down beside her with a book in his hand. She's a teenager already, she's too old for bedtime stories, Dad. But Duncan just smiles and says: "This has been passed through our family for as long as the book existed. I thought I lost it when you were little, but I found it again while I was cleaning the other day. So just be a good sport, Cassie. It's tradition." And that's that. Honestly, Cassandra's too tired to put up an actual fight.

He then reads the fantastical story of two childhood friends-turned-lovers Will and Alyss. Of true love and heartbreak. Of the wanted criminal Deparnieux who is outwitted by a man in a mottled green cloak. Of Horace whose heart is bigger than his size and Halt O'Carrick, who wishes for nothing more than to avenge his family murdered by his own twin. Of the deceptive Prince Keren with Count Ferris and the unwitting Bacari. Of the miracle maker Malcolm with Trobar by his side. The story of romance, adventure, lies, revenge, and saving the day – and Cassandra comes to discover that not all fairy tales are only for children.

>>>---------->

And that, my dear reader, perfectly describes that whether you're 10, 14, 17 or maybe even grown-up, some stories are for everyone.