Chapter 4 - Don't Bang Her Today

Just a cover I made. Yeah, the poodle looks weird.

You know those weird and sudden moments when you hear something really shocking and you feel like your heart stops for a millisecond?

That's exactly what I felt right now.

Was I happy? Well, duh I should be.

But was I? Uh, a little bit of no I guess.

Why? Because she gets a hot boyfriend and I get no one. I know I'm being selfish but I can't help it. Not that I blame her for that. She finally got what she wanted and deserved.

I could feel my eyes going wide in shock. Honestly, I still couldn't comprehend what he just said. Of course I was happy for Cass, but a little suspicious too.

She's been on more dates than I can ever count and none of those guys ever came back to give it a try. That's not because she's a bitch or something, instead because of her childish behaviour, no offence to her. She can start crying on the smallest things and smile at them too, just like a kid. But she can be seductive when she wants to.

Don't ask how I know that piece of information.

I didn't or possibly couldn't say anything. All I could do was stare at him, with my mouth opened wide enough to fit a whole hamburger with extra cheese.

"JESS! FUCKING TALK TO ME!" He screamed at the top of his voice which not only brought me back to the present but also turned a few heads towards us.

"What? Wait. How long was I out?" I asked.

"1 min 36 secs." He replied without missing a beat.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. Just got lost in thoughts. But you're serious right?" I asked.

"Of course I am. I like her." He said.

"That's great. But don't hurt her, physically or mentally. Or else I'll turn you into a bloody puddle with my baseball bat." I warned him, pointing my finger at his chest for effects. My words were true. And yes, I have a baseball bat for such occasions.

He raised an eyebrow. Wow, he does that so perfectly. It suits him too. "You think I would?" He asked.

Yeah.

But of course I said that in my mind. I don't know why but I felt that I cannot trust him. I had felt this only once in my life and the results didn't turn out so good.

"I don't know. For all I know you could be a serial killer or a psychopath." I shrugged.

"Who knows." He said and started walking to the road which leads to my apartment.

Our (Cass and I) apartment sucks. From outside, it's a really plain and old building which looks like it could collapse any second. But we still have to pay the rent. Where as from inside, we have two small rooms, a bathroom, one teeny tine living room and a kitchen. That's pretty much it.

You're probably thinking that 'isn't she a doctor? In a well-known hospital? Shouldn't she be rich?' But the truth is, I'm not. Half of my salary goes to...someone I don't want to think about right now and dampen my bright mood but let's just say that I care for him. A lot.

The other half is used for groceries and bills and stuff. Cass too has a job. She works as a waitress in a small bakery.

Back to the present, we had almost reached my apartment and I hadn't said a word since I threatened him.

"Will Cass already be there?" I asked as she is usually working at this hour of the day.

"She should be. I mean, I had told her to be home by seven." He said.

"I'll probably just stay outside." I suggested, not wanting to be the third wheel.

"No!" He said, immediately. Almost like he wanted me in there while they did their couple stuff.

"Why? I really don't want to be the third wheel while you to snog each other's faces." I said, backing up. He looked like he was thinking about it but couldn't make up his mind. At last he gave in.

He sighed. "Fine. But you stay here. We'll call you back when we're done." He said, realizing his mistake a few seconds too late.

"Done with what? Come on, you guys just started dating. Don't shove up your penis in her vagina already." I said, smirking at my choice of words. He tried to suppress his laugh but couldn't and laughed genuinely. His laugh was so...beautiful.

"How'd you even think of that?" He asked, after he stopped laughing, probably after a minute.

"I have my ways." I said but actually I'd seen that on the internet once. And it was permanently stuck in my mind. I checked the time to see that it was 7:39 pm already.

"Go in now." I suggested. He nodded and rung the doorbell. I quickly hid behind a potted plant which had been there for like forever.

Cass opened the door almost immediately. And a smile made a way up to her face.

"You're late." She pointed out, the smile never leaving her face. It made me smile seeing my friend so happy. She deserved it. She deserved him.

What about you? Don't you deserve a guy like him too? My conscience asked me selfishly.

Shut up. I scolded my mind, not wanting to ruin the scene unfolding before me.

"I know. And I'm sorry. Just got caught up in some work." He apologized.

"It's okay. Come in," she said as she motioned for him to come in.

He nodded and looked towards me (or quite possibly the plant) for a second and gave me a smile. A smile for which any girl would've melted for. But not me. I've seen that kind of smile before and it hurt me. I tried to give him a smile back and tried to push all the negative thoughts...no, memories aside. He went in and the door closed with a light thud.

I had nothing to do besides waiting now. Unpleasant memories started replaying themselves in my mind. I tried to push them away but couldn't. But I didn't cry. I couldn't cry. I had cried over this one thing so much that even if I tried the tears won't come out.

Just then, I felt my stomach rumble. I hadn't eaten any snacks today because of the ice cream which I never got. I sighed. Thankfully, I always keep emergency food in my doctor's bag for times like these, which was supposedly a granola bar.

After a few seconds, the granola bar went on a trip to my stomach.

I didn't realise how much time had passed because I was too busy wondering. Wondering what my future would be like. With my decision of remaining a bachelorette, I'll have to manage my life on my own. But the question is can I? I always reassured myself by saying that Cass would be there with me but someday she'll be married and have a family. Then I'll be alone with no family and no friends. I sighed at the depressing thought.

But that's my destiny I guess. To be alone.

Because whenever I tried depending on someone, they broke me.

So, I did the next best thing.

I became independent.

Sorry if it's short. Also sorry that there was no action.

I fucked up this chapter.

Ugh.