Chapter 40 - I'll Be Waiting For Your Distressed Help Call

Chapter dedicated to kaushikisen7 for well, being a great friend to me. Also, great song up there.

Asher was covering his face with both his hands as I drove through the streets of Amsterdam.

Well, more like attempted to drive. The car continuously swerved left and right on an empty road, and it's speed, well, that was unpredictable. Sometimes, it just zoomed like a racing car, and at other times, moved like a clock when you're studying.

Unbelievably slow.

"Jess...just don't-don't break my car. Please...I've got some sentiment towards it," he muttered.

"Sorry Ash, but I swear I'm trying. It's just...I'm inexperienced when it comes to driving anything other than my bike," I apologised, sincerely.

"Fighting with that idiot was better than this. Is that stalker still behind us, though?" He asked, turning his head behind to check.

"I-I honestly don't know. I literally can't pay attention to-" I was cut off by Asher yelling as he looked behind.

"Woah, that idiot's got some speed in him!"

I immediately looked behind, to find out what the deal was.

It was Elliot's car, about thirty metres behind, racing towards us. The speed was about thrice the speed I was going. Damn his money and his car's engine.

"Why does he have to be so fast?" I whined as I stared at Elliot's unbelievably gorgeous and speedy car. It's just not fair.

"Jess, look out!" Asher screamed, pointing to something on the road ahead of me.

But by the time I could put the brakes, it was apparently too late.

Gasping for breath, I looked at Asher to find him looking back.

"Holy shit," he muttered, an astonished expression fixed on his face.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked, turning my head back.

"No! Do not look back, understand me?"

"What? Why?"

"Just don't. If you love me, then you won't."

"Ash...I didn't trample a human, did I?"

"No, absolutely not. Gods, if that'd be the case then I wouldn't be so calm right now."

"Alright...but seriously, why can't I see it? Did I crash into something?"

"Kinda...just don't see it. Please," he begged.

I opened my mouth to argue further, but once I saw the desperation in his eyes, I shut up. There's gotta be a solid reason behind his behaviour.

"Fine," I muttered and drove ahead.

The things I do for him. Astonishing, really.

"Thanks Jess! You're the best girlfriend ever!" He yelled, hugging me.

"Don't do that, idiot. I might drive into a tree then," I scolded him, trying to hide my happy feelings.